• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things to do in London"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
    Sheesh, entire businesses exist just to answer that question. Try using the web or get a guide .

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Oh lets see

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And what a hoot it was!

But I agree with all the above. Go to the cinema. Or a pub gig. Or buy a uke and turn up at the Royal George on a Wednesday for a thrash. Or window shop around Coventry Garden or Oxford St.

Get the Time Out app, that will give you all sorts of ideas.
    Time Out is the answer, although there was none of this app malarkey in my day. Pick a fringe play with a good review of a film at the NFT or Renoir and see something you wouldn't normally bother with.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Or even go to a CUK evening, where you will at least meet me and Bunk.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    See what's on at the theatre - many mid-week tickets are reduced.

Last year in London, three of us got together and did a culture evening most weeks - went to the theatre, ballet, opera, comedy.....

Not sure whether it counts as culture, but I went to see Avenue Q with cojak
    And what a hoot it was!

But I agree with all the above. Go to the cinema. Or a pub gig. Or buy a uke and turn up at the Royal George on a Wednesday for a thrash. Or window shop around Coventry Garden or Oxford St.

Get the Time Out app, that will give you all sorts of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• manclarky
    replied
    so looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
    I'm in the same position so started an Open Uni course...keeps me a bit busy.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Have you seen his list of demands for giving a speech? It's quite something, especially the friendly parrot

https://secure.mysociety.org/admin/l...er/007647.html
    A mate of mine had him stay over at his a few years ago, as he prefers staying at peoples houses to staying in hotels. He said 'never again'

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    or i could attend a lecture by one of the more infamous bearded weirdie's

Richard Stallman - it's free software and it gives you freedom / Creative & Social Technologies, Goldsmiths, London

should be good for a laugh
    Have you seen his list of demands for giving a speech? It's quite something, especially the friendly parrot

https://secure.mysociety.org/admin/l...er/007647.html

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Go on DA unlighten us ... why?

Its in his contract as a pearly queen

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Go on DA unlighten us ... why?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Going to be spending some time in London over the next few months, there is only so many Pot Noodles and Tissues I can use in my hotel, so looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
    Sneer at people who live in the North

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Westminster Skeptics might be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    or i could attend a lecture by one of the more infamous bearded weirdie's

Richard Stallman - it's free software and it gives you freedom / Creative & Social Technologies, Goldsmiths, London

should be good for a laugh

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
    The place is dead most nights. Don't even bother looking.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    See what's on at the theatre - many mid-week tickets are reduced.

Last year in London, three of us got together and did a culture evening most weeks - went to the theatre, ballet, opera, comedy.....

Not sure whether it counts as culture, but I went to see Avenue Q with cojak
    Only if you got to 2nd base...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X