• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Naming houses add £90K to the value"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Naming Your House - The Official View

Apparantly.

Fancy some of that moolah – need to get a good quality contractor style name to my bungalow in Wilmslow.

What would be a good name?
    Sounds like utter bollocks:
    Some years ago, in an admittedly unscientific survey, we approached, at random, over a hundred Estate Agents throughout the UK.

Our aim was to discover whether they felt a suitable and well chosen House Name would have any effect on the saleability or value of a property.

In a much better than expected response the general view was that a well chosen House Name did certainly aid the saleability of many dwellings.

More interestingly, the majority of respondents felt that a suitable and well chosen House Name could increase the value of a property by between 0.5% and 5%.

On a property valued at £200,000 that’s anything between £1,000 and a massive £10,000 increase in value. On a £500,000 house it’s up to £25,000 extra, on a £2 million property it could mean an extra £100,000. In some cases, we suspect, it could well be more - a very good reason for naming your house.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    'Variable Name'
    Rows Cottage
    (C)rows Nest
    Field two
    Windows Nook
    Interweb Cottage
    Honey pot cottage
    Squirrels Heap (especially for AtW)

1998 Common House Name Themes

Maybe we should try for other professions?
    Swallow Cottage,
    The Nookery
    cock Cottage
    Love Cottage

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    "Paedo Towers"

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    The sad cave

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Apparantly.

Fancy some of that moolah – need to get a good quality contractor style name to my bungalow in Wilmslow.

Knob End

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    We named our house '99' after my favourite Ice cream. I think the couple down the road must be sex adicts.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Apparantly.

How about an Italian theme like Bunga-bungalow?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    "Dun Coding"

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Much Cheapness, Plenty Quickness
    That's the name of a new science park situated just outside Mumbai. Population 150,000 all doing the needful for $20 a day.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    need to get a good quality contractor style name to my bungalow in Wilmslow.

Fookwit Towers?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Apparantly.

"Dun Coding"

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    started a topic Naming houses add £90K to the value

Naming houses add £90K to the value

Apparantly.

Working...
X