• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "General Anaesthetic"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You big wuss, last time I had a colonoscopy they got the tube right around to my small intestine and I elected to forgo any sedation as I had been practising with my wife and her strap-on.
    Whatever turns you on.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I had sedation whilst having the inside of my lower bowel examined.

I woke up just before the end & can still remember seeing sommat or other on the monitor.
    You big wuss, last time I had a colonoscopy they got the tube right around to my small intestine and I elected to forgo any sedation as I had to pick my car up from an MOT.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pork Belly
    Yep, opioid painkillers will give you constipation. May also cause diarrhoea.
    Now that would be an interesting combination. Pockets of high-pressure gas and liquid blocked between constipation 'corks'.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Je ne suis pas votre compagnon!
    correct assez loyalement mon aquaintaince éloigné

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    lambinez-vous puis de copain
    Je ne suis pas votre compagnon!

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Pas ce soir Joséphine.
    lambinez-vous puis de copain

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    A threesome!!!
    Pas ce soir Joséphine.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    You're much better with Rohypnol though.

Ooops...
    Foreplay??
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    A threesome!!!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Ooops...

Foreplay??

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    The last time I was under they gave me morphine and I was throwing everything up for 24 hours afterwards. They had to put me on an IV drip to get the normal painkillers into my system as well as fluids.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    .......I thrashed about so much they had to tie me down
    Foreplay??

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Only ever had a GA twice and both times I woke up strapped to the bed. It seriously didn't agree with me and I thrashed about so much they had to tie me down

Ooops...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Only ever had a GA twice and both times I woke up strapped to the bed. It seriously didn't agree with me and I thrashed about so much they had to tie me down

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I had a GA when I my nose cartilage rebuilt after breaking it - forgot to tell them to straighten it at the same time. Also when I had my wisdom teeth done.

Had a couple of sedatives when doing the throat camera thingy.

Most unsettling was the "hot flush" drug they give you just prior to a MRI scan.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I had a sedative whilst having the camera down the the throat procedure (fortunately not from the other direction). I was completely out, and had no recollection of talking to the doctor afterwards although apparently I seemed awake and was asking questions. I got home mid-afternoon, closed my eyes for a moment whilst laying on the sofa, and woke up 15 hours later.

I've had a proper general anesthetic a couple of times, but it didn't have that kind of effect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X