• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone have any good news to share with the forum?"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    It's all good.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    House prices fell a little.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Someone just brought in take away I did not order, hmmm - saves me from waiting for one, yum!
    You have a squatter now? Nice of him to share.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Someone just brought in take away I did not order, hmmm - saves me from waiting for one, yum!
    Someone just nicked the take away I ordered. Good job to as I've just discovered its been poisoned with polonium-210.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    He might be disappointed when he finds out it's actually a run down wooden pigsty overlooking an open sewer, so don't tell him, will you?
    That would be the Wandsworth kebab shop thing, right?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Takeaway threads. Better than Taekwondoway threads. Ahhhhhh so!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I shall be oin the bench for December and spekulanting full time until I get a new gig
    You dirty *********!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone?

All doom and gloom. Any good news out there?

Going to san fran...

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I shall be oin the bench for December and spekulanting full time until I get a new gig

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Ive jut submitted my first invoice in 16 months

Thats good new

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    BBC Nature - Rare flame brocade moth is established in the UK

One more applicable to moth lovers I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yes, I just sold an eco-shed in the Douro valley with nice views of the river to a guy from London who paid two million pounds for it over the internet without even coming along to view the property first.

He might be disappointed when he finds out it's actually a run down wooden pigsty overlooking an open sewer, so don't tell him, will you?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    No good news for me just had the dreaded meeting request titled 'Cost cutting' meeting is at 2pm today, a nice 10min meeting, god damn it, just up for renewal as well and turned down a 12 month gig last week as told I was safe here work and rate wise, by look of it if I end up with a 10% rate cut at best I will be down a £100 a day compared to if I had taken the other contract, b*llocks, b*m, poo

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    they tried that. a good news newspaper

when they went bust, they couldnt tell anyone

And why did they go bust?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X