• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Muslim alarm clock

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Muslim alarm clock"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ah but does it show you where Mecca is?

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You don't need one there as they have this one:

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    That's the kiddy.

Durabrand IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Asda Smart Price Clock Radio

Asda Smart Price Clock Radio

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Didn't know ASDA did them.

Edit: actually I could believe that ASDA in Luton get them in especially.

Had an idea for a great Russian novelty alarm clock. Revolver an alarm clock on it, yto turn it off you've got to keep pulling the trigger until you get to the right barrel.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Bomb Alarm Clock - GiDGiT

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    By Muslim alarm clock I was imaging a trill alarm. By which I mean the sound Muslims make with their tongue going like the clappers, much like a red Indian war dance song. Lalalallalalallalal. ululation

Come to think of it, it might make a good seller, it would get anyone out of bed. Should I file a patent?

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied

Last edited by Freamon; 5 October 2011, 22:39.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We have some Muslim pirate station, ironically the signal is very strong at our church. Bizarre when we turned on the car late at night after music practice and heard chanting...
    Aha. Radio Somali. Shiver me timbers.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    In the Suity household we have an Asda smart price radio alarm clock. Very basic, only a fiver and does the job.

The tuner is manual and there seems to be a muslim channel on air very close to our usual "Diverse FM" station. Last night while retuning the missus hit on some Muslim music, the usual kind of male singer with no backing. She shrugged her shoulders and said "Well, it is diverse FM and this is diverse, must have the right station"

Wrong. This morning was like a call to prayer in Tikrit. Out of bed like a shot, the pair of us.

Tonight she says we should keep it on the same station.

At least I get to work on time.
    We have some Muslim pirate station, ironically the signal is very strong at our church. Bizarre when we turned on the car late at night after music practice and heard chanting...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    WTF is Asda smart price.

Possibly akin to Waitrose 'essentials' range?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "Muslim music"? you horrible racist man.
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS

Tottenham fans are just inherent racists. Any cards you want to play in your defense???
    I think you're missing the real issue here. This is a contractors forum, WTF is Asda smart price.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Luton... nice

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "Muslim music"? you horrible racist man.
    WHS

Tottenham fans are just inherent racists. Any cards you want to play in your defense???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X