• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car problems!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car problems!"

Collapse

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    To be fair, an Espace is one thing, but a woman astride a John Deere is beyond reasonable. Maybe if you allowed her to have a bit of straw hanging jauntily from her lips, that might somehow entice her? And what about His and Hers Smocks too, just for completeness.
    You'd be the talk of the village................again.

Now what would a forecaster be doing with a John Deere? Or am I a janitor, but what would they be doing with one? Oh, I see, I am back to being a farmer now am I? You really should keep off the turps shaunnyboy, way too early to be killing your liver with that tulip; you have to remember the last schoolboy insult you attempted to throw my way, and the turps seems to be removing your ability to do so.

Now, it is also comical, although not surprising, to see you have less of an understanding of irony, than my 8 year old daughter; we did laugh at that.

And, as a word of warning, I know Devonians, Janners, and once those lads work out when you're saying Ben Doon and Phil McCavity, you're not talking about your friends back home, they're going to break each and all of your 12 fingers...

Last edited by Zoiderman; 12 October 2011, 08:14.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    I feel the same about the wifes car; she chooses what she drives, and me what I drive. Trouble is, she's got an Espace and nothing screams 'my life is over' to be seen at the wheel of an MPV, so I refuse to drive it, she refuses to drive mine. I secretly hope it dies everytime I see it.
    To be fair, an Espace is one thing, but a woman astride a John Deere is beyond reasonable. Maybe if you allowed her to have a bit of straw hanging jauntily from her lips, that might somehow entice her? And what about His and Hers Smocks too, just for completeness.
    You'd be the talk of the village................again.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I went an got a Sliver Ford Focus and became a nobody over night, feeling guilty walking towards it, not popping the alarm when people were looking etc... the shame of it... but does what it says it will cheaply and also loses value slowly. The only problem the loss of feeling in the popularity area and all feeling of being an individual. Can't knock it though.
    I feel the same about the wifes car; she chooses what she drives, and me what I drive. Trouble is, she's got an Espace and nothing screams 'my life is over' to be seen at the wheel of an MPV, so I refuse to drive it, she refuses to drive mine. I secretly hope it dies everytime I see it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Only the shallow twats with no life
    Dangerous words in this joint, my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I don't care what people say here, everyone judges other people by the way they look, how they dress and the car they drive.

You might feel "clever" driving a cheap, run of the mill car, but the whole world is looking at you thinking......

WHAT A LOSER THAT GUY IS!!!!!

Only the shallow twats with no life

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I went an got a Sliver Ford Focus and became a nobody over night, feeling guilty walking towards it, not popping the alarm when people were looking etc... the shame of it... but does what it says it will cheaply and also loses value slowly. The only problem the loss of feeling in the popularity area and all feeling of being an individual. Can't knock it though.
    I bought a silver Focus and spent the savings on therapy. Now I've got a car I like and don't care what anyone else thinks.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Hahahaha aww, I can think of worser cars than a focus!

Im in love with this car. Nearly disgraced my pants when I first saw it, one can dream I suppose:

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I don't care what people say here, everyone judges other people by the way they look, how they dress and the car they drive.

You might feel "clever" driving a cheap, run of the mill car, but the whole world is looking at you thinking......

WHAT A LOSER THAT GUY IS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Or someone who dislikes the jerrys and japs. I got a 2nd hand peugeot a few months ago and I died a little inside ......

For little run abouts, new fiats cant be beaten on price and have quite a few features. They also lose value slower than some other cars, so you get a bit more when you sell it years later down the line ....

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    And complete dogtulip to drive, and ridiculously ugly.

I could just about bring myself to drive a new Skoda, otherwise, it's German or Japanese all the way. And only a complete 'tard would disagree with that plan.....
    Or someone who dislikes the jerrys and japs. I got a 2nd hand peugeot a few months ago and I died a little inside ......

For little run abouts, new fiats cant be beaten on price and have quite a few features. They also lose value slower than some other cars, so you get a bit more when you sell it years later down the line ....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    sasguru, you've got to get one mate, they match your personality.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    KIA's and Hyundais are just plain rats arse, pig tulip dull and about as inspiring as an accountant
    sasguru, you've got to get one mate, they match your personality.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post

I could just about bring myself to drive a new Skoda, otherwise, it's German or Japanese all the way. And only a complete 'tard would disagree with that plan.....
    We just bought a car, and I did consider a Skoda, for a fleeting moment, which made me realise how far they'd come on. KIA's and Hyundais are just plain rats arse, pig tulip dull and about as inspiring as an accountant

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They're far cheaper and super-reliable you tard.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They're far less well made and reliable you tard.
    FTFY - Nice to see the ad hominem approach; bit of a reflection on you mate, not me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X