• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Last day of gym membership"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Many moons ago I used to be part of a team writing Leisure Management software and this used to include access control and Direct Debit management.

The number of people paying £60+ a month and only going once every couple of months was astonishing. More money than sense.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    It will fall apart inside 6 months. Unless you are exceptionally weedy.
    Well it's MF, so no worries.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    a new cross trainer for £200
    It will fall apart inside 6 months. Unless you are exceptionally weedy.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Paid similar sum per month for the spa in Edinburgh. Worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Just got my letter from DL saying that the subscription charge is going up to £167.50 PM in January.

That is quite a lot of money.

Paid similar sum per month for the spa in Edinburgh. Worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    £80/month??? You must get summit pretty special for that. I pay £24.99 for mine and its quite a decent place, all new equipment. Only downside is the awful rap music they keep playing.
    I doubt £80 is that unusual for somewhere in a prime location which has a decent pool.

Even our council facility (actually pretty good) is £35pcm IIRC, that includes pool membership and is a bargain in my view.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I went on Ebay and bought some second hand gym equipment and a new cross trainer for £200.

Worked out so far I'm paying £100 a session.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The Virgin gyms are supposed to be OK so I'm told.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Saw this in town today: 24 Hour Gym | Cheap Gym Membership | Pay As You Go Gym | London

£16/month and no contract, compared to David Lloyds £80/month and 3 month notice period. Place looks big and modern, but no swimming pool.

Handy being able to go to the gym at 3 a.m. in the morning?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    £80/month??? You must get summit pretty special for that. I pay £24.99 for mine and its quite a decent place, all new equipment. Only downside is the awful rap music they keep playing.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just got my letter from DL saying that the subscription charge is going up to £167.50 PM in January.

That includes a personal trainer, right?!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Easy - due to recession people cut down on things so in order to maintain revenues they need to increase prices on remaining loyal members. Maybe not
    It certainly feels like that. Costs that for the whole family - they start charging £10 pm when your child is 6 months (I think)

Certainly feels alot for 1 swim a week

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I had three clients who had their own gym. Used to go lunchtimes.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    How the **** do they justify that?
    Easy - due to recession people cut down on things so in order to maintain revenues they need to increase prices on remaining loyal members. Maybe not

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

How the **** do they justify that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X