• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help yourself comedy sketch"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Was it not a Max Bygraves parody, 'You need hands...'...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Used to like Kenny Everett, Sid Snot, the hapless DIY chap. etc. That expanding bottom thing was funny. Pity he wasn't a bit more careful with his own.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Not that one. But I'm sure I saw that elephant on Songs of Praise just now.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's what I'm trying to find out. Strongest contenders according to my failing memory are M&W or Kenny Everett. But drawn a blank on finding any record of it on t'internet.
    Monty Python did something similar

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 25 September 2011, 12:40.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Are you sure it was Tom Jones? I can't find it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'll watch it on catchup after the kids are asleep.

I go upstairs get my long coat out, massive scarf, hat, packet of jelly babies and a picture of Adric(got rest his soul) then come back down and settle down.

Everything must be just so.
    That's what I thought I'd do for the F1 qualifying. I've got my fire resistant underwear and helmet on ready to watch it on recorded, but have discovered that my video decided not to record again. I did catch a glimpse of what I thought was Coultard interviewing Schumacher when I was in town, and Eddie Jorden laughing when it ended. Might have been good and now I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Why aren't you watching Dr. Who?
    I'll watch it on catchup after the kids are asleep.

I go upstairs get my long coat out, massive scarf, hat, packet of jelly babies and a picture of Adric(got rest his soul) then come back down and settle down.

Everything must be just so.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sounds like a comic relief to me.
    Why aren't you watching Dr. Who?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Anyone remember a version of Tom Jones' "Help yourself", where the singer's arms get longer and longer?
    Sounds like a comic relief to me.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What show was it on? e.g. Morecambe & Wise? ...
    That's what I'm trying to find out. Strongest contenders according to my failing memory are M&W or Kenny Everett. But drawn a blank on finding any record of it on t'internet.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What show was it on? e.g. Morecambe & Wise? Not that I'm suggesting it was that show. I assume the whole show wasn't entirely Tom Jones singing "Help yourself" with his arms getting longer, because the novelty would wear off after a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I want to find a video of it, as we're putting it into a scene of this year's panto. I've tried Kenny Everett, Russ Abbott, Morcambe and Wise and the Two Ronnies. But no luck yet. I reckoned some of the older member here might remember.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No. Do you remember a puppet parrot that kept going "Cognac" ?

PS I do remember Kenny Everret's impression of Rod Stewart where his bum kept getting bigger.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic Help yourself comedy sketch

Help yourself comedy sketch

Anyone remember a version of Tom Jones' "Help yourself", where the singer's arms get longer and longer?

Working...
X