• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contract in Luton

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract in Luton"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Surely that's when a contract is at its most challenging - When you have to master a new system, and find some way to achieve a quick win in the first week or two (assuming the twats have provided a login etc)
    WHS

Dropped behind enemy lines with only a tin opener and a hastily drawn out map in crayon. Your mission, march to Berlin, defeat the German army, kill the Fuhrer and end the war.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

How the feck can you get stressed at work???? You've only been there 3 weeks!!!!

Oh Suity(TM)
    Surely that's when a contract is at its most challenging - When you have to master a new system, and find some way to achieve a quick win in the first week or two (assuming the twats have provided a login etc)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No, not flounced mate. Very stressed out at work and brought some of that to the board so decided to take some time out, get my life sorted and then come skulking back when I feel better.

HTH
    How the feck can you get stressed at work???? You've only been there 3 weeks!!!!

Oh Suity(TM)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Btw did suity flounce again? Not seen him for a while...
    No, not flounced mate. Very stressed out at work and brought some of that to the board so decided to take some time out, get my life sorted and then come skulking back when I feel better.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    FFS. Isn't Luton enough of a tuliphole already?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Is there some strange reason why the M25 is always worse clockwise in the morning and anti clockwise in the evening?
    Because anti-clockwise houses in Surrey and Sussex are cheaper than clockwise ones.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Is there some strange reason why the M25 is always worse clockwise in the morning and anti clockwise in the evening?
    Something to do with the water spirals on emptying the bath. If the M25 was in Oz it would be the other way round...

It was on Tomorrow's World..

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Retired contractors going to the garden centre.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The last time I did that journey the bit from the M25 to Hemel was a nightmare in rush hour

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Btw did suity flounce again? Not seen him for a while...

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    The role in Luton is an extra £650 per week. Would take 3 hours(min) (120 miles per day) to drive (presently 4 miles per day) or I could do lodgings + food. Probably works out £300 per week extra on a six monther.

Pffffff. Don't know if I can be bothered. :
    650/15=~43 per hour for the drive. Worth it?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    The role in Luton is an extra £650 per week. Would take 3 hours(min) (120 miles per day) to drive (presently 4 miles per day) or I could do lodgings + food. Probably works out £300 per week extra on a six monther.

The last time I did that journey the bit from the M25 to Hemel was a nightmare in rush hour. Unless you stay over its going to be a very painful journey.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    He offered, but the stipulation was I had to sleep with his wife as he wasn't up to the job. Kinda surprised me until he said she'd had four different todgers over the years.
    Just wanted to add a bit more ambiguity. Plus it makes SY's live sound far more existing for one so cuckold.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    He offered, but the stipulation was I had to sleep with his wife as he wasn't up to the job. Kinda surprised me until he said he'd had four different todgers over the years.
    Shurely shome mishtake?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X