• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Breakfast at desk

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Breakfast at desk"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
    Nice - it's like the school playground all over again Gotta love these internet forums!

It was said somewhat tongue in cheek...
    its Sasguru, he's got "issues" at the best of times.

FWIW though, general does usually descend to playground rules

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    cant face eating first so desk is fine, eating all day at your desk is annoying... worked with a running nut once who literally sat there and ate all day- don't why it wound me up but it did...

Leave a comment:

• ShandyDrinker
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yeah because Hector sent someone to spy specifically on you, you complete doofus
    I don't think HMRC are that bothered by you evading tx on your crap rate.
    Nice - it's like the school playground all over again Gotta love these internet forums!

It was said somewhat tongue in cheek...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its okay for you youngsters. Wait until you get to my age and have children.
    Are you selling shoes in the City by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    Are you a large, sad man, Doodab?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    Are you a large man, Doodab?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Nothing wrong with dining al desko. I snack more or less continuously. Sandwiches & filled croissants (or Brez'n with ham and soft cheese when in DE) for first and second breakfast, then pop out for lunch around two, perhaps a takeaway curry or sit in a restaurant if I'm feeling bored then an afternoon snack a bit later.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I used to love getting a Subway egg&sausage on the walk from train<--->office. I think driving out from work to get a coffee is taking the mick though.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its okay for you youngsters. Wait until you get to my age and have children.

<sucks on werther's original, packs pipe, puts on slippers and reaches for the Mail>
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    I try and deliver quality work and not focus on working an arbitrary amount of hours.

In fact if I can work less while delivering what is needed all the better.

So I'm with the guys chomping away at their desks. Have a tulip on their time not yours.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    only on a friday and then only if i'm in the office!

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    I have my breakfast at my desk every day. Usually in by 8:20 though and well before 99% of permies who come in at 9:30 then spend the next hour having breakfast, waffling about the utter dross they did from going home last night to coming in today then maybe looking at their emails for a couple of minutes before going for a brew/smoke break.

My timesheet says I start at 8:30 once I've finished my breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    It always amazes me how people rock up at the time they are supposed to start work drop their bag fire up their PC then clear off out to costas, starbucks, surely they should get one on the way in and be at their desk ready to work.
    Quite. Low level support monkeys should be ready to take calls at 9.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
    No sh*t.

Of course I couldn't do that as I can't use the canteen because I can't be seen to be part and parcel of the organisation for IR35 purposes...
    Yeah because Hector sent someone to spy specifically on you, you complete doofus
    I don't think HMRC are that bothered by you evading tx on your crap rate.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    It always amazes me how people rock up at the time they are supposed to start work drop their bag fire up their PC then clear off out to costas, starbucks, surely they should get one on the way in and be at their desk ready to work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X