• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If a white person said this they would be strung up"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Presumably it's not the size of the benefits, but more importantly that with kids you have a ticket to go to the front of the housing queue. Well in advance of single men who don't even register in this scale or those born here and who have no kids. No kids = no house. Most young people can forget about ever being able to buy a house.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Immigrant women appear to have a higher birthrate than those who were born in the UK.
    Is this true whether or not the family is on benefits? i.e. is the large family a cultural thing, rather than simply a means to claim more benefits (although that is undoubtedly an effect if you're on benefits).

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I though they were limiting benefits to 25 grand max per household? When is that coming through?

My friend is major pissed off as his neighbour is a person, ehhm, 'with a large family' who has never worked since getting here, about 45, got a self cert mortgage and now his 7 kids in a 3 bedroom pay for his reasonable house in a reasonable area.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Disagree. Limit should be based on the family circumstances when they signed on for benefits. It would be unfair to punish a large family that had been paying its way that had fallen on hard times.
    Put single parents in hostels with crèche facilities.
    Use child neglect laws to prosecute families that have children that they can not support.
    This would encourage people who want better houses or a larger family to provide for themselves.
    There would have to be a minimum time off benefits before reassessing needs.

I also think that it should be possible to forcibly move anyone on benefits to cheaper accommodation after a suitable time on benefits.
    Why should they get to live in up market areas and never consider moving. If I could not pay my way then I would have to sell up and move no matter how strong my ties with the community or where my children went to school.
    I don't give a **** where you put them, just so long as it's not next door to me.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Simple to solve: limit benefits for all families to the first 2 or 3 children. After that, more kids != more benefits
    Disagree. Limit should be based on the family circumstances when they signed on for benefits. It would be unfair to punish a large family that had been paying its way that had fallen on hard times.
    Put single parents in hostels with crèche facilities.
    Use child neglect laws to prosecute families that have children that they can not support.
    This would encourage people who want better houses or a larger family to provide for themselves.
    There would have to be a minimum time off benefits before reassessing needs.

I also think that it should be possible to forcibly move anyone on benefits to cheaper accommodation after a suitable time on benefits.
    Why should they get to live in up market areas and never consider moving. If I could not pay my way then I would have to sell up and move no matter how strong my ties with the community or where my children went to school.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    We should ensure the 3rd and subsequent children get priority passes to the Alien hunting grounds.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Simple to solve: limit benefits for all families to the first 2 or 3 children. After that, more kids != more benefits

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Did Baroness Flather mentioned her statement is based on the study in below link..?? If not she might look like pointing those 2 communities only, though she looks to have a fair point.

BBC - Mark Easton's UK: Work, benefits and ethnicity
    Is there an echo in this cave?

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Did Baroness Flather mentioned her statement is based on the study in below link..?? If not she might look like pointing those 2 communities only, though she looks to have a fair point.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Britain's highest birth rates among migrants - Telegraph

The birth rate of immigrants is 3 times higher than that of British born. A significant proportion are from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

While those of Indian origin, for instance, get 8% of their income from the state in the form of benefits, state pension and tax credits, those describing their ethnicity as Pakistani or Bangladeshi receive 29% of their income in various forms of state aid.

White citizens receive 15% of their income from social security, tax credits and the state pension. People of Chinese ethnicity get 10%. Those of mixed ethnicity get 13%, while those from black ethnic groups receive between 17% and 18%.

Yep, thats a prime example of lack of education and not knowing any better SC.

String me up.
    Skewed by the average age of each group meaning that a higher proportion of the "white" group rely on a pension income which will include a state pension.

The figures really need to be normalised to only include those people of working age to show any real meaning.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

The birth rate of immigrants is 3 times higher than that of British born. A significant proportion are from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

While those of Indian origin, for instance, get 8% of their income from the state in the form of benefits, state pension and tax credits, those describing their ethnicity as Pakistani or Bangladeshi receive 29% of their income in various forms of state aid.

White citizens receive 15% of their income from social security, tax credits and the state pension. People of Chinese ethnicity get 10%. Those of mixed ethnicity get 13%, while those from black ethnic groups receive between 17% and 18%.

String me up.
    Thanks, I couldn't be arsed to look it up.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I would be happy to pay for welfare for Komodo dragons or any other nice little animals (apart from cats) it's just people I hate.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Thank goodness people aren't like Komodo Dragons: Virgin Birth Expected at Christmas

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    There is no motivation it's just lack of education and knowing any better

String me up.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Why is she limiting it to immigrants?
    Immigrant women appear to have a higher birthrate than those who were born in the UK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X