• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would the world be a better place after a flu pandemic?"

Collapse

• Chaffinch
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Africa is a large area with a broad variety of hazardous terrain and a long history of providing the backdrop for hunting expeditions. It's perfect for the job. In addition, large parts of it are unsuitable for cultivation or human habitation, being desert or subject to frequent droughts and suchlike, and it's climate has been responsible for untold human misery. If you are going to sacrifice a significant land mass then Africa is an obvious choice, and by relocating the surviving half of the existing population somewhere more human friendly we could ensure that no child will ever starve to death in the African sun again.

Bristol would struggle to hold the approx 3.5 billion people whom the aliens would be hunting. It's use would also require most of the "game" to travel considerably further, as assuming a fair per capita distribution of humans to be sacrificed most of them would be coming from S.E Asia. This might seem like a trivial point but these sort of considerations are important if you want the support of the global warming lobby.

That did make me laugh .

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Magic.
    Ok, you were right Churchy. I can't argue with that kind of logic.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Magic.
    Oh God

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Ok, so explain to me how one of the vampires is also a dwarf in The Hobbit? See, you can't, can you?
    Magic.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'll have to have words, I've told her about shagging the hired help before but at least you're clean.
    Least she pays, could've been worse, you could have been gypsies.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yours never complains.
    I'll have to have words, I've told her about shagging the hired help before but at least you're clean.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yep, a face not even a mother could love. Must be why he's so bitter.
    Yours never complains.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That's one ugly MF
    Yep, a face not even a mother could love. Must be why he's so bitter.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That's his mask. He looks like MF beneath that.
    That's one ugly MF

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Ok, so explain to me how one of the vampires is also a dwarf in The Hobbit? See, you can't, can you?
    You'll be sorry...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    How very dare you!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    It's alright lads, I'll field this one...

Erm, I don't know how to tell you this love, but "Being Human" isn't real.

Now, put the kettle on, there's a good girl
    How very dare you!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It's alright lads, I'll field this one...

Bristol already has vampires. Have you not seen Being Human?
    Erm, I don't know how to tell you this love, but "Being Human" isn't real.

Now, put the kettle on, there's a good girl

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Bristol already has vampires. Have you not seen Being Human?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Africa is a large area with a broad variety of hazardous terrain and a long history of providing the backdrop for hunting expeditions. It's perfect for the job. In addition, large parts of it are unsuitable for cultivation or human habitation, being desert or subject to frequent droughts and suchlike, and it's climate has been responsible for untold human misery. If you are going to sacrifice a significant land mass then Africa is an obvious choice, and by relocating the surviving half of the existing population somewhere more human friendly we could ensure that no child will ever starve to death in the African sun again.

Bristol would struggle to hold the approx 3.5 billion people whom the aliens would be hunting. It's use would also require most of the "game" to travel considerably further, as assuming a fair per capita distribution of humans to be sacrificed most of them would be coming from S.E Asia. This might seem like a trivial point but these sort of considerations are important if you want the support of the global warming lobby.
    Bristol has caused more than its fair share of misery too. It was one of the points of the slave trade triangle...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X