• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Feckity feck - Missed two VAT returns"

Collapse

• craig1
    replied
    If you've multiple companies, why not set yourself up for group VAT reporting? Means you only have one VAT return to remember and transactions between the companies are VAT free meaning simplified accounting.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    If I beat you by £100, you'd be out on the streets.
    It will probably happen before that

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That's pathetic wager.

Double the difference in sales would have been mildly interesting.
    You couldn't afford it.

If I beat you by £100, you'd be out on the streets.

You can choose a SpudULike if you want? I can afford it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Dinner in a restaurant of the winners choice
    That's pathetic wager.

Double the difference in sales would have been mildly interesting.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What's your wager?
    Dinner in a restaurant of the winners choice. (Excludes flights).

Wager occurs only if it snows.

(Oh and when I said sledges, I meant sledges, snow shovels and wedge wellies).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I wager if it snows this Winter I turnover more in sledges for the same period than you invoice at SKA.
    What's your wager?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    This top selling product this summer was sledges unsold from winter.
    VAT return was for the shop for Apr-May-June. The shop closed a week into April which was 7k in sales for the final week.

I wager if it snows this Winter I turnover more in sledges for the same period than you invoice at SKA.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
    £380 ? What are you selling - tap washers?
    This top selling product this summer was sledges unsold from winter.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hah! Feck 'em.

"Third default in a surcharge period
    5% (unless it is less than £400, in which case you won't be charged a surcharge at this rate)
    12 months from the date of the most recent default

"

VAT is only £380 on that particular company for that quarter.

Kiss my Hector.
    GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUst done the return. The expenses all went through in the next quarter and it's pushed my VAT over a £1000 and a fine!!!!

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Hah! Feck 'em.

"Third default in a surcharge period
    5% (unless it is less than £400, in which case you won't be charged a surcharge at this rate)
    12 months from the date of the most recent default

"

VAT is only £380 on that particular company for that quarter.

Kiss my Hector.

£380 ? What are you selling - tap washers?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    How can an IT bloke be so disorganised MF? All one needs is an Excel sheet with all the dates on and a few formula to highlight what's due.
    Is to sign up the automated email reminders and set up a direct debit for payment.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    TWO Vat Returns? Well they say the memory is the first thing to go......................or do they.....can't really remember!!

I have more than one VAT registered business.

It's actually the shop one I forgot to do. I closed in April, did one in May, spent ages putting together my contracting accounts, shop accounts, web business accounts and self assessment and then forgot I've got a dozen transactions for the next quarter I needed to do a return for.

I do all my receipts for Subway every month and issue one cheque. Easy.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    MF maybe if you spent less time claiming £2.49 for a Subway deal of the day, you could use the time to do your real accounts.
    But the free sub is one of the perks of the job.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    TWO Vat Returns? Well they say the memory is the first thing to go......................or do they.....can't really remember!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    MF maybe if you spent less time claiming £2.49 for a Subway deal of the day, you could use the time to do your real accounts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X