• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bunch of temp employees"

Collapse

• privateeye
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzieExpat
    Lets do some maths

£40 quid an hr may sound fancy.

Take out NI and its about 31

Take out TAx and its about £19 take home.

Plus the hassle of UK contracting. Not exactly paradise is it ?
    If the aussie gets £40 an hour you can rest assured the brit is getting £60 - the extra £20 is compensation for having to put up with being next to an aussie

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    OE,
    Are you "Aussie Mike" from cc.net?

Leave a comment:

• OzzieExpat
    replied
    By the way, I think - barring sheer luck our ashes form is a bit better.

Leave a comment:

• OzzieExpat
    replied
    Lets do some maths

£40 quid an hr may sound fancy.

Take out NI and its about 31

Take out TAx and its about £19 take home.

Plus the hassle of UK contracting. Not exactly paradise is it ?

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Lost

Yeah, and how did the Ozzies do at the cricket then ? Snigger !
    errr they lost the Ashes

Leave a comment:

• OzzieExpat
    replied
    Yeah, and how did the Ozzies do at the cricket then ? Snigger !

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Ozzies can take UK jobs for one reason, they are better. Now what was it you were saying about market forces ?
    No its because they are cheaper, its a well known fact that agents always quote the rate 25% lower to a Auzzies, didnt you know that ? When I recruit I always do that, thought it was normal practice.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Well now this is just a suggestion, but isn't it time you all realised that you are in fact a bunch of temp employees. With IR35 & subsequent rulings why would anyone go contracting ? The regime treats you as a temp employee, contracting rates are lousy. Have they gone up in the last ten years ? You never get promoted and have no career. You are stuck being a techie - which is really looked down on these days. Agents are always trying to screw your rate down.
    Is it time to admit that contracting isnt worth it ? Here's a suggestion. Leave the country. Mr GB has shagged you sensless. Get out while you still have a few quid in your pocket !
    lol I see another retard has escaped.

Ozzie : You have two choices 1. A permy job earning £60k a year and permy hassle or 2. A contract grossing you £175k a year and no permy hassle.

I went contracting as in my last permy role I used to be able to access all HR data, salaries, bonuses etc. You get more shafted as a permy than a contractor, difference is as a permy you dont see it and cant do anything about it. As a contractor you see it and can do something about it.

Leave a comment:

• Daywalker
    replied
    G'Day cobber:

Why was Jesus Christ not born in Australia?

They couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin!

Now go and trace your anchestors back to the criminals they were, as they probably jumped off the fecking boat.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Family?

Originally posted by Phoenix
    Who is this guy?
    I feel sorry for his family

I think you'll find it's called a troop.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    That's because their ancestors traditionally spent a lot of time behind bars.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    No, it's because they are cheaper. Now, 2 pints of Stella please barman, and make it quick.

An Aussie eh? Bred for Barwork! It's Iiiiiinstinct! Iiiiiiiinstinct!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Ozzies can take UK jobs for one reason, they are better. Now what was it you were saying about market forces ?
    No, it's because they are cheaper. Now, 2 pints of Stella please barman, and make it quick.

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Gold Dalek
    From the Jobserve Aussie Newsletter:

Welcome to the JobServe Newsletter.

General News

Increase in low-paid workers
    07/04/2006(11:51)
    The number of low-paid workers has increased as a proportion of the total Australian workforce, according to new research.

The number of Australians who earn less than two-thirds of the national average (less than $533 a week) has soared by as much as 600,000 over the past decade, the research reveals.

Fewer public sector jobs
    31/03/2006(17:24)
    Public sector jobs across Australia have fallen substantially over the past 20 years, according to a Commonwealth parliamentary library research article.

It found that public sector jobs, at federal, state and local government level, now represent just 16 per cent of total employment in Australia, compared to 26 per cent in 1984.
    Those top two make Australia sound excellent.

High contractor rates must mean that not so many plebs can keep up. Fewer parasites means less taxes.

Got to get to this paradise quick!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    If life is so good in Oz, why are most of them here? Must be for the weather!
    Cos the Shiela's like English C*ck :@)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X