• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bad news

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad news"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Start a riot on facebook then you won't have to move again for at least 4 years

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    14% over 3 years? That's less than inflation.
    What will the stock market return? -14% pa?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    As a leveraged investment, with increasing inflation in the economy... it doesn't work out too bad

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    UK house prices 'will hit all-time high by 2015' with average prices climbing by 14% | Mail Online

Boomed!

Fill yer boots! Snap up them cheap £700K bedsits in Brum!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I'm just about to buy my 6th 'home' yippee!!

Where's a man to put his money these days, if not in hard assets?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Hurry up!

UK house prices 'will hit all-time high by 2015' with average prices climbing by 14% | Mail Online

Boomed!

Fill yer boots! Snap up them cheap £700K bedsits in Brum!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I'm a crap contractor and even I own my own house, what have you been doing wrong?!
    I was spending too much of my time posting tulip at CUK.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Real estate agent called to say someone wants to buy nice flats I rent

My rent up for renewal in a few months...

I'm a crap contractor and even I own my own house, what have you been doing wrong?!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This time next year I might buy, but for now I'll probably have to pay increased rent for a year, I can't see new owners actually living in it, that's certainly a BTL buy

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    C'mon Alexie just buy somewhere will you. You can install all the mixer taps your like and put a sofa in every room.

JFDI.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I would buy my own place here in Munich, renting is €2k a month but to buy the same place I'd need €750k for my 2-bed apartment
    Not really any different to the UK, a house on the market for £750K would cost about £2K to rent.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    This is why renting in the UK is a mugs game.

I'm in the process of leaving a rented house to one I'm buying.

I would buy my own place here in Munich, renting is €2k a month but to buy the same place I'd need €750k for my 2-bed apartment

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Real estate agent called to say someone wants to buy nice flats I rent

My rent up for renewal in a few months...

What's a 'real estate agent?' And can you have a fake estate? Wait, fake estate that's like when you rent, right?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I reckon the whole thing is worth £2-3 mln.

Not even DimPrawn would lend that much on zoopla or whatever the hell he is using.
    Not to you at any rate!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can't you just out bid the potential buyer and buy the whole block yourself? You won't miss a bit of loose change.
    I reckon the whole thing is worth £2-3 mln.

Not even DimPrawn would lend that much on zoopla or whatever the hell he is using.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X