• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bin Laden assasins eliminated"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The hijacker’s passport was found in the debris near ground zero. Although the hijackers were burnt to a crisp and then crushed to pieces; by some miracle the passport had fallen from the aircraft on to the street.
    Wibble, wibble.

Personal Effects and the Crash-Proof Passport - 911myths

It's frickin 'Tards like you that give birth control their real purpose in life.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It looks like the entire SEAL unit which assasinated Bin laden has been wiped out in a revenege killing.
    They were meant to have been from from Seal Team Six, the article isn't saying it was the same unit, but from the same parent group which is 150 or so strong. It could have been some of the same team which hit BL, but I'm guessing we'll never really know.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And I don't know where you got the idea that Army Personnel are "without skills".
    I never said they were without skills ...

But you can join up, fresh out of secondary school. All the army requires is basic logic tests and tests to see you are up to it physically. No degrees or prior training required.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not for working your arse off 16 hours a day in a tuliphole like Afghanistan under enemy fire and with very real chance of being blown up losing limbs or life altogether.
    Mmmmm I might prefer that rather than working in Liverpool or some parts of London ...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    £16k is a excellent wage
    Not for working your arse off 16 hours a day in a tuliphole like Afghanistan under enemy fire and with very real chance of being blown up losing limbs or life altogether.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    £16k is a excellent wage ..... As I said, experienced office workers in my area and a lot of others are lucky to scrape £12k ... Not everywhere enjoys big wage packets like the home counties and cities ... Someone without skills around here, wouldnt even be able to find work and if they did, would likely have to work for below minimum wage ....
    "Experienced" office workers are not effectively bound to their employer 24/7 either.
    And I don't know where you got the idea that Army Personnel are "without skills".
    Did you do your research reading Commando comics?

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No it isn't. It's OK, if they include full board but do they?
    As another poster said, you have to pay board and food, but it really isnt much. Far cheaper than a civillian renting privately.

£16k is a excellent wage ..... As I said, experienced office workers in my area and a lot of others are lucky to scrape £12k ... Not everywhere enjoys big wage packets like the home counties and cities ... Someone without skills around here, wouldnt even be able to find work and if they did, would likely have to work for below minimum wage ....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sal626 View Post
    I recall that back in 2001 OBL initially denied involvement in 911
    Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - CNN

Why then would he later claim involvement?
    I guess he thought if he is being blamed for it, might as well claim it, - it probably helped him immensely with further recruitment…
    He had 10 years to keep up that denial, instead all he did was endless stream of videos/audio with calls for jihad against the west.

Leave a comment:

• sal626
    replied
    I recall that back in 2001 OBL initially denied involvement in 911
    Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - CNN

Why then would he later claim involvement?
    I guess he thought if he is being blamed for it, might as well claim it, - it probably helped him immensely with further recruitment…

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The hijacker’s passport was found in the debris near ground zero. Although the hijackers were burnt to a crisp and then crushed to pieces; by some miracle the passport had fallen from the aircraft on to the street.
    Nevermind passport, Osama had plenty of time to issue denial but instead he's chosen to spend last 10 years making videos/audio calling to fight against the West.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No they do not. Whilst in Barracks you pay for your Food and Accommodation out of your wages. Proportionately, it is not a huge amount, but then again Army Cabbage Mechanics don't garner a lot of Michelin stars either.
    On "Exercises", and whilst on active duty, you do not however pay for your food and accommodation. Quite right too when you consider you are probably having to share a manky tent with plenty of other sweaty toms!!
    I am sure DimWim will elaborate though, he really seems to have his finger on the pulse where our Armed Forces are concerned.
    I contracted to the MOD and more often than not I was invited for lunch at the canteen. The food was good especially the fish and chips. They even produced a great buffet for the officers and contractors on a site visit. I do remember on one visit an officer shouting out from his office to a squaddie ordering him carry on running laps around the square as a punishment.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No they do not. Whilst in Barracks you pay for your Food and Accommodation out of your wages. Proportionately, it is not a huge amount, but then again Army Cabbage Mechanics don't garner a lot of Michelin stars either.
    On "Exercises", and whilst on active duty, you do not however pay for your food and accommodation. Quite right too when you consider you are probably having to share a manky tent with plenty of other sweaty toms!!
    I am sure DimWim will elaborate though, he really seems to have his finger on the pulse where our Armed Forces are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Where you got this tulip from? He was on FBI most wanted list from start.

Naturally he did not leave finger prints at the scene, but he did enough public work to warrant death sentence: I don't think documents were found with Hitler's signature about "final solution", yet he bears full responsibility for it due to his public speeches as well as other decisions that made it happen, same is with bin Laden, he got way too quick death that he deserved.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    £16k for a UK employed job, for an unskilled youth, is an excellent rate.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes, as someone said, only the terrorists, if you believe that yarn.
    Before Bin Laden raid was conducted it was debated whether the whole place should be bombed with like 32 tons of TNT, the decision went against and that saved lots of people - nice surgical strike that got the main target and left some people alive (his wifes), what more do you want?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X