• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Riot in Tottenham

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Riot in Tottenham"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I live amongst the oligarchy.
    HTH
    If so I'd make sure there are no lamp posts and/or large trees around your house

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Conclusive proof Rioters don't like Mac's

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...30_470x576.jpg

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Conclusive proof Rioters don't like Mac's

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...30_470x576.jpg

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Indeed.

One thing that is also never mentioned is the huge ballooning in number of students in 40 years (from 410,000 in 1969 to 2.4 million in 2009) due to the idiotic lefty notion that higher education is a "right" regardless of how little the individual or society benefits from it. If there is a six fold increase in numbers they can hardly expect the same individual subsidy.
    Incorrect. University populations expanded massively also under the Tories. 1980 to mid 90s (when it reached 2 million)

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    The govermin must be expecting it to last 'a while'. Boris Johnson has said the rioting won't affect the olympics, next year.

Maybe they could incorporate a few new events:

Petrol Bomb Throwing
    Supermarket Sweep
    The Big Mac Cook-off
    Shop looted and youths storm McDonald's and start cooking their own food

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    So who will protect you?
    I live amongst the oligarchy.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    The police will protect the oligarchy as they have always done.

HTH
    So who will protect you?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's not the bankers who will riot, it's the rioters from poorer areas around it who will come to say hi...
    The police will protect the oligarchy as they have always done.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I doubt if the bankers who live in my area will riot. Maybe if bonuses this year aren't up to scratch
    It's not the bankers who will riot, it's the rioters from poorer areas around it who will come to say hi...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    according to Sky he was in a cab when police stopped it. Shots were fired an he was killed in the firing.

North London Fatal Shooting: IPCC Investigation Under Way After Man Apparently Shot Dead By Police | UK News | Sky News

Looks like he was with the wrong people at the wrong time.

29 year old father of 4, no job mentioned.

London's Evening Standard newspaper quoted his girlfriend Simone Wilson, 29, as saying she was "shocked" to learn her boyfriend of 13 years was carrying a gun.
    She said Mr Duggan, also known as Starrish Mark, had become increasingly paranoid after a cousin was stabbed to death in a nightclub in March.
    Before the shooting, police had been attempting to carry out an arrest under Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime in the black community.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    It'll be Wandsworth's turn next. All the sink estates falling like Dominoes. Hope your Insurance is up to date sas.

I doubt if the bankers who live in my area will riot. Maybe if bonuses this year aren't up to scratch

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Lets look on the bright side.
    To the outside world this will look as if austerity measures are being applied and working, therefore top AAA status for us
    It'll be Wandsworth's turn next. All the sink estates falling like Dominoes. Hope your Insurance is up to date sas.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Lets look on the bright side.
    To the outside world this will look as if austerity measures are being applied and working, therefore top AAA status for us

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Cr1spy View Post
    AKA Syria.
    Yes, but with less oil.

Leave a comment:

• Cr1spy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I guarantee that instead of arresting these people if they just busted some teeth out the world would be a better place.
    AKA Syria.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X