• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Biggest pile of tulipe I've ever worked with"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Doesn't have to go to Bobland to be crud, you just need a bunch of arrogant money obsessed Vendors to sell it.
    Oh you mean the stuff produced by International B*stard Machines.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, there have been no regional newspapers in the Netherlands today because the publisher's IT system is fooked. A couple of years ago they sacked their whole IT department and outsourced to a big local company, who in turn outsourced to some crazy combination of Bobland and Elbonia. They've obviously saved a lot of money there. They still don't know if they can get the papers out tomorrow, and if the weekend edition is lost then it costs serious money. By the way, regional newspapers are much more important in NL than in the UK; most people get a regional delivered every day and pay for it, and advertisers pay serious money, so that's a lot of turnover down the drain. At least 10 million euros and counting.
    Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Thank you to the t0sser who posted the picture of the bog full of poo - I now can't get that image out of my head.

I would thank you personally, but I didn't see who the poster was when I scrolled past it and I ain't going back for a look-see!
    What this one? I thought it was Mexican food.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Thank you to the t0sser who posted the picture of the bog full of poo - I now can't get that image out of my head.

I would thank you personally, but I didn't see who the poster was when I scrolled past it and I ain't going back for a look-see!
    Twas Dim (by name and nature).

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Yawn.....blame the testers

We'll come in and sort this over the weekend......just need your signature on the '2 x rate' authorisation form Mr Doodab
    I already have the "fix it" gig, that's why I'm trying to get a handle on it in a VM

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    A once rock solid product I worked with for more than 15 years now comes with patches and other software whose installations have plainly never been tested.

I's what happens wen the knowledgeable and experienced people get shown the door and their jobs shipped to Bobland.
    Yep, there have been no regional newspapers in the Netherlands today because the publisher's IT system is fooked. A couple of years ago they sacked their whole IT department and outsourced to a big local company, who in turn outsourced to some crazy combination of Bobland and Elbonia. They've obviously saved a lot of money there. They still don't know if they can get the papers out tomorrow, and if the weekend edition is lost then it costs serious money. By the way, regional newspapers are much more important in NL than in the UK; most people get a regional delivered every day and pay for it, and advertisers pay serious money, so that's a lot of turnover down the drain. At least 10 million euros and counting.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Doesn't have to go to Bobland to be crud, you just need a bunch of arrogant money obsessed Vendors to sell it.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Bear in mind I've been working with this product for around 15 years
    A once rock solid product I worked with for more than 15 years now comes with patches and other software whose installations have plainly never been tested.

I's what happens wen the knowledgeable and experienced people get shown the door and their jobs shipped to Bobland.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Some testers continuous possesion of his gonads depends on it getting fixed before I get hold of him!
    Yawn.....blame the testers

We'll come in and sort this over the weekend......just need your signature on the '2 x rate' authorisation form Mr Doodab

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Oi! Are you helping him solve problems? Stop it; some tester's evening meal depends on that tulip software!
    Some testers continuous possesion of his gonads depends on it getting fixed before I get hold of him!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    That's what you get for choosing OS/2 2.11 and OS/2 warp as your OS
    Oi! Are you helping him solve problems? Stop it; some tester's evening meal depends on that tulip software!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I've tried installing on 2 different OS, 2 different databases, 4 different patchlevels and not one ******* supported ******* combination ******* runs the installer to completion. Pile of ******* tulipting tulip. Bear in mind I've been working with this product for around 15 years. I have never seen anything as tulip as this. They should be ashamed to sell it. I'm ashamed to work with it. What a stinking pile of stinking tulip.
    That's what you get for choosing OS/2 2.11 and OS/2 warp as your OS

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Take your time. There's no money in perfect bug-free software. How would you sell the support and upgrades!?
    By not fixing it for 15 years.

Isn't that right Doodab?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That's my plan B you're insulting there. I've just got to fix one last bug.
    This one?

Category; showstopper
    Priority; When doggy can be bothered
    Description; cannot be installed on anything

Leave a comment:

Working...
X