• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More than a Carpenter"

Collapse

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    You should be exterminated.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
    Not really, as I want to rotate around a central point when set spinning, rather than around some point inside my head. You still have a centre of gravity even when in free fall.
    Which is where the three body problem comes in and in Zero-G you cant be off balance since you arn't balanced in the first place.

Why am I arguing about this? It was a crap joke to begin with.....

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Which are entirely superfluous
    Not really, as I want to rotate around a central point when set spinning, rather than around some point inside my head. You still have a centre of gravity even when in free fall.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Which are entirely superfluous since in zero-g there is no gravity to pull him off balance in the first place.....

No manageing the momentum once he gets moving might be an issue. I can see an interesting 3 body problem coming up
    if the emperor was wearing 'magne-boots' (available from Wallace & grommit space waer inc) he might easily become overbalanced in zero g.

get your space-facts right DaveB

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
    You should see the size of my sensor spheres. Unfeasibly large, they act as an effective counter-balance.

Which are entirely superfluous since in zero-g there is no gravity to pull him off balance in the first place.....

No manageing the momentum once he gets moving might be an issue. I can see an interesting 3 body problem coming up

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    emperor , how do you cope in zero-g with such a big head. Do you have trouble balancing ?
    You should see the size of my sensor spheres. Unfeasibly large, they act as an effective counter-balance.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    emperor , how do you cope in zero-g with such a big head. Do you have trouble balancing ?

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What planet are you on?

No.

Don't answer that, it must be Skaro.
    It was until Sylvester McCoy blew it up. The git.

These days I hang around in a variety of space stations / cruisers.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Nah, that was Chippy Minton, the Trumpton carpenter.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Wasn't he a smelly unemployed pikey/hippy who had no fixed abode, kept bad company - thieves and prostitutes - and couldn't commit himself to anything for any amount of time. No doubt these days he'd be camping up a tree on the site of a proposed bypass and calling himself swampy.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    He must have been Polish.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    What?? You mean he did plumbing and decorating too?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    started a topic More than a Carpenter

More than a Carpenter

Wow - what an amazing book.

Working...
X