• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Official CUK Dragons Den thread"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I take it the books will use thin paper which is soft, strong and very, very long.

That will be the Unlimited Edition.

So here's my current prediction of AtW's forthcoming masterpiece:

Volume One: SKA, All Your Website Belong To Us
    Volume Two: Squirrels, Watch You're Nuts
    Volume Three: Lunch, The Potnoodlers Compendium
    Volume Four: Economic, With The Facts
    Volume Five: Sofa So Good
    Volume Six: <placeholder>

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Only just tuned in !! Doh!

3 advertisers have blagged their way into some cash selling popcorn.

A cute girl with a waeb based car park fine challenge idea has been told she has a stupid idea. She was cute though.
    I thought it was doubly stupid in that parking fines are reduced by 50% if paid within x Days

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    He has been. One snippet per day for the last 10 years.

Volume One: SKA
    Volume Two: Squirrels
    Volume Three: Lunch
    Volume Four: Sofa

I'm going to scrape all his post history into one big sick bag and write eBook on the front.
    FTFY. I was going to correct the economics to Totally inaccurate Economics Analysis based on Communist lectures re cabbages but that would be longer then the actual volume.

I take it the books will use thin paper which is soft, strong and very, very long.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post

Volume Four: Economics

I'm going to scrape all his post history into one big sick bag and write eBook on the front.
    CTFY

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    More people will read it if you post it on CUK.

Volume Four: <placeholder>

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    More people will read it if you post it on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    My full view of ze Dragons will be published in my book.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    She seems like quite a bright cookie. Straight to the point. No bulltulip. You wouldn't understand DP.
    DP is put off by powerful, intelligent, successful women. Actually any of those qualities in anyone makes him dejected.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I can't look at her. Shudder.

She sounds like a northern comedian (bloke) after smoking 100 Lambert and Butlers.
    She seems like quite a bright cookie. Straight to the point. No bulltulip. You wouldn't understand DP.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Only watched the first pitch - when I say pitch, I mean the Essex girl who dried up after only a few minutes.

Fk knows how she managed to secure an investment thereafter - the Dragons didn't ask her very many questions.

They seemed to be more impressed by the URL of her website (presentclub.com) than anything else.
    It's TV. There was way more they cut.

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
    I didn't watch the show last night, but wasn't the new Dragon once a participant on The Secret Millionaire?
    Yes. She's real ugly but I quite like her so far, no poncing about.

Leave a comment:

• northernrampage
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I see we are all judging the women on what they look like
    I wouldn't expect anything better from this lot

I was out with two male friends last night who were sniggering about her. And said "Eh, northern, have you seen the latest Dragon Den person?".

Me "No". Their reply "you really remind us of her". I asked what they meant and they clarified it by saying it was my voice. I have no idea if that was all it was. I now don't want to watch it.

Bad enough having to put up with work colleagues doing faux comedy northern voices as it is.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    FFS! Dog bling ?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Only just tuned in !! Doh!

3 advertisers have blagged their way into some cash selling popcorn.

A cute girl with a waeb based car park fine challenge idea has been told she has a stupid idea. She was cute though.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I see we are all judging the women on what they look like

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    less of a problem in the states as the drop height is a lot less and actually i've just thought of a cracking way to solve the problem, was teh software guy from cuk ? was it marillionfan ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X