• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Awkward Situation

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Awkward Situation"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So you're in a pub and some random bloke tries to engage you in conversation by asking you if you like Freddy Mercury? Call me 'sore after the event' but I think I might have worked out there and then what was going on.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.
    I guess quite fitting considering the theme of this thread!

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    The only option is to move pubs i'm afraid.

If you've been doing that for the last 4 weeks, you'll have already got the reputation amongst the regulars that you are probably a shirt lifter. Only way to save face is to make sure you always smell of weed and drop hints you are having a toke out there.
    Last edited by Durbs; 26 July 2011, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I don't like that album.

I prefer some of the later stuff.
    I like Seven Seas Of Rhye. Cracking.

Don't know the album though.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    My advice would be to join him in his car and have some fun listening to "The seven seas of rye".

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is this the filthy pervert? He looks proper dodgy

When I first moved to Brighton to the right of where that fat fella is sitting about 1/2 mile up, left and just behind the art college was a gay pub called the 'Queens Head'(gone now). What was noticeable about it was it's pub sign. It was Freddie Mercurys face.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Now the problem is that everytime I see him he wants me to go and sit in his car in the carpark and listen to it with him.
    Are you sure you're not in one of those 'dogging' car parks?

Does he start to flash his lights at other cars and dismisses them as being "other Queen fans" ....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    So you're in a pub and some random bloke tries to engage you in conversation by asking you if you like Freddy Mercury? Call me 'sore after the event' but I think I might have worked out there and then what was going on.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    So you're in a pub and some random bloke tries to engage you in conversation by asking you if you like Freddy Mercury? Call me 'wise after the event' but I think I might have worked out there and then what was going on.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Is this the filthy pervert? He looks proper dodgy

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Have an ongoing problem with somebody at my local pub.

A few weeks ago I was at the bar having a conversation with this bloke and he started talking about Queen and said he had been listening to their first album a lot recently. When asked for my opinion I lied as I didn't want to cause offence and said I thought the first album was a cracking lp.

Now the problem is that everytime I see him he wants me to go and sit in his car in the carpark and listen to it with him. This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I'm running out of excuses.

I just don't want to be locked in his car listening to the Seven Seas of Rye with him. I think he's perhaps a bit odd.

POTD

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    So you've been outed as a batty boy at your local boozer.

Live with it or find somewhere else to drink.

Don't fall into the same trap twice by admitting you liked Wham.
    Yup. Avoid wearing your arseless chaps for a few weeks too, try to throw him off the scent.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    So you've been outed as a batty boy at your local boozer.

Live with it or find somewhere else to drink.

Don't fall into the same trap twice by admitting you liked Wham.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Are there any women in this bar, or is it a gay bar?
    There's a couple of nails and a tin can.

It's an Iron Bar!

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Are there any women in this bar, or is it a gay bar?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Have an ongoing problem with somebody at my local pub.

A few weeks ago I was at the bar having a conversation with this bloke and he started talking about Queen and said he had been listening to their first album a lot recently. When asked for my opinion I lied as I didn't want to cause offence and said I thought the first album was a cracking lp.

Now the problem is that everytime I see him he wants me to go and sit in his car in the carpark and listen to it with him. This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I'm running out of excuses.

I just don't want to be locked in his car listening to the Seven Seas of RHye with him. I think he's perhaps a bit odd.

Just go for it. You are obviously a bandywaister anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X