• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brownies & Cubs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brownies & Cubs"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Bugger. Rumbled. Sieg Heil!
    Quality!

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    That's brilliant! That's super!
    WSS. Added:

:nazi:

Nothing wrong with cubs and scouts etc - well worth letting them go IMO.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Could have been worse I suppose...........

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    At a fair today doing face painting for kids. Loved it. Loads of fun. Was asked by one of the parents if I'd consider becoming a scout group leader. They're clearly desperate if they asked me.

Although I reckon I'd love it.
    With that effort I'm surprised they asked you back.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    At a fair today doing face painting for kids. Loved it. Loads of fun. Was asked by one of the parents if I'd consider becoming a scout group leader. They're clearly desperate if they asked me.

Although I reckon I'd love it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    ftfy
    Bitch

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    WHS
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You miserable f**ker!

Let them do it.

Think of all the PEACE and quiet you will have.
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Ok. That's the clincher.

They're not doing it.
    You miserable f**ker!

Let them do it.

Think of all the PEACE and quiet you will have.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm a scout leader for a local group (yes, seriously). They're more popular than ever from the numbers we see.
    Ok. That's the clincher.

They're not doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm a scout leader for a local group (yes, seriously). They're more popular than ever from the numbers we see.
    Good for you
    I was a Guide and used to help with the Brownies, but I wasn't made of the right stuff. Mind you, if you ever need an impromptu shelter or a fire I can probably help

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Get the kids, get a boat, take them out 200 meters from shore, drop them in, sail away.
    If you want to relive your youth I'm sure a few here will help out. Since you're grown up we probably need to make it 1000m.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    <Mumsnet>
    I was never a member of the cubs(or the brownies for that) do they still exist?

I was thinking of maybe enrolling the kids? What age can they start and does it still exist or has that threat of dodgy paedos, insurance and health & safety killed this off?

Anyone have kids that do or have done these?
    </Mumsnet>

Leave a comment:

• Acme Thunderer
    replied
    All 3 of mine are in Cubs/Scouts/Explorers

They all love it and even better when there is a district camp and they are all away at the same time. Peace and Quiet for Mrs Thunderer and I. On the whole it's been very good for them.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    There's a complex of old-people flats near me built a couple of years ago, and they've put a scout "hut" on the end. I guess that's some kind of community-price the developers had to pay to get the go-ahead. So they definitely still exist.

Do they have Girl Scouts here now? I thought that was a US thing.

There was a guy at my last contract who was really into Scouts in his spare time.
    Girl Guides are the equivalent / sister group to Girl Scouts. Its a different name for historical reasons.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Get the kids, get a boat, take them out 200 meters from shore, drop them in, sail away.

They will learn more from that than years of boredom working towards a diversity badge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X