• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Twitter FTW!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Twitter FTW!"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Congrats.

So you're available for beers in the smoke then?

Norrahe! Counting House next week?
    Weyhey - great news. I'm officially benched after next Wednesday, so should be able to get in for celebratory drinks!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Congrats.

So you're available for beers in the smoke then?

Norrahe! Counting House next week?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Awesome news Nick.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On Tuesday, a chap tweeted about needing a freelance JS developer urgently for a project. A mutual friend retweeted it and, when it thereby appeared in my twitter stream, I replied that I was available.

Chap invited me to come in for a chat yesterday and ended up hiring me. I'm now on my first full day of a two monther in London: excellent rate, fun project, no agent required

So if you thought Twitter was just about other people's lunch, you've been doing it wrong.
    What did you have for lunch though BTW?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    "@Bazza need more yorkie got any truckers free?"

Cant see that happening. I think its a tech only approach to hiring.

Congrats anyway NF

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    WRHS. Very well played sir!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    They really didn't need to interview you. One look at your twitter feed would tell them you know more about this stuff than they'll learn in a lifetime!

Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Nice one

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On Tuesday, a chap tweeted about needing a freelance JS developer urgently for a project. A mutual friend retweeted it and, when it thereby appeared in my twitter stream, I replied that I was available.

Chap invited me to come in for a chat yesterday and ended up hiring me. I'm now on my first full day of a two monther in London: excellent rate, fun project, no agent required

So if you thought Twitter was just about other people's lunch, you've been doing it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    started a topic Twitter FTW!

Twitter FTW!

Working...
X