• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Housewarming Party

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Housewarming Party"

Collapse

• Normie
    replied
    Originally posted by Normie View Post
    Talk to your local curry house (one that does a buffet) and ask them to do one at yours. I've done this a couple of times for work and private parties. Usually get a very good price.

Lamb curry
    Chicken Curry
    Veg Curry
    Dhall
    Tandori Chicken
    Naan breads
    Rice
    Salad

It its local they can alway pop back for more supplies if they run low. They can also provide all the crockery and cutlery. The ones I used have given me a significant discount over their usual buffet prices.
    Similarly, if you have a lap dancing bar nearby, get some girls sent over. Split their tips and the food becomes free.

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Curry

Talk to your local curry house (one that does a buffet) and ask them to do one at yours. I've done this a couple of times for work and private parties. Usually get a very good price.

Lamb curry
    Chicken Curry
    Veg Curry
    Dhall
    Tandori Chicken
    Naan breads
    Rice
    Salad

It its local they can alway pop back for more supplies if they run low. They can also provide all the crockery and cutlery. The ones I used have given me a significant discount over their usual buffet prices.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not unless it was arranged in an hedgehog.
    Poor hedgehog

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    He hasn't been typing much recently has he.
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Just keep them away from Diver!
    He hasn't been typing much recently has he.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I know the feeling. Still, it's an excuse to buy more powertools.
    Just keep them away from Diver!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I now have a craving for cheese and pineapple on a cocktail stick

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    He'd be really posh if he had pineapple and cheese on cocktail sticks
    Not unless it was arranged in an hedgehog.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Posh twat !
    He'd be really posh if he had pineapple and cheese on cocktail sticks

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    100 people!

Last time I had a cribtizm I was eating chicken drumsticks and sliced ham for a week.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    We live in a very upmarket area and when we had our house warming party a few years ago, we had a lot of influencial people to impress - it was a difficult choice.

We were thinking Fois Gras, Lobster bisque and fine wines, but in the end we did salmon spread butties and a Walls Vienetta.

Hope this helps...
    Posh twat !

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    We live in a very upmarket area and when we had our house warming party a few years ago, we had a lot of influencial people to impress - it was a difficult choice.

We were thinking Fois Gras, Lobster bisque and fine wines, but in the end we did salmon spread butties and a Walls Vienetta.

Hope this helps...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    WV8GS

with 100+ people to look after you want to get the food brought in and a couple of staff for the day to help with serving and clearing up after people
    Will speak to the daughter and get a couple of her friends to help out.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    WV8GS

with 100+ people to look after you want to get the food brought in and a couple of staff for the day to help with serving and clearing up after people
    WSCS it is a hell of a lot of work to prep and serve for 100. You won't enjoy the party and you'll be running around like a headless chicken.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I know the feeling. Still, it's an excuse to buy more powertools.

Ne'e'r a truer word! Just got new power saw and driver!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X