• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housewarming Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Some good suggestions! Thanks!

Oh and Pondy - we've got wooden floors all the way through downstairs that are a few years old so we're not too precious. I am still doing it up by the way!
    I know the feeling. Still, it's an excuse to buy more powertools.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      Alternatively, get some of cases of wine, beer, cider etc. Hire glasses. (That's your job done!)

Tell each of your male guests to bring a savoury dish, and each of your female guests to bring a sweet dish, each should be for 5 people.

Put tressle tables up under marquee or gazebo, and do bugger all else.
      Booze is the easy bit - as you said, several cases and glass hire. If it was just during the day bringing dishes would be a good suggestion but we have people dropping in and out, kids + families during the day, adults at night, which might make it more problematic. I am thinking of paying a couple of the kid's friends to manage the kitchen though.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
        Erm, surely this is a problem for your caterer, not you?
        WV8GS

with 100+ people to look after you want to get the food brought in and a couple of staff for the day to help with serving and clearing up after people
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I know the feeling. Still, it's an excuse to buy more powertools.

Ne'e'r a truer word! Just got new power saw and driver!
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            WV8GS

with 100+ people to look after you want to get the food brought in and a couple of staff for the day to help with serving and clearing up after people
            WSCS it is a hell of a lot of work to prep and serve for 100. You won't enjoy the party and you'll be running around like a headless chicken.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              WV8GS

Will speak to the daughter and get a couple of her friends to help out.

Comment

We live in a very upmarket area and when we had our house warming party a few years ago, we had a lot of influencial people to impress - it was a difficult choice.

We were thinking Fois Gras, Lobster bisque and fine wines, but in the end we did salmon spread butties and a Walls Vienetta.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                  We live in a very upmarket area and when we had our house warming party a few years ago, we had a lot of influencial people to impress - it was a difficult choice.

We were thinking Fois Gras, Lobster bisque and fine wines, but in the end we did salmon spread butties and a Walls Vienetta.

Hope this helps...
                  Posh twat !
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

100 people!

Last time I had a cribtizm I was eating chicken drumsticks and sliced ham for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Posh twat !
                      He'd be really posh if he had pineapple and cheese on cocktail sticks
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X