• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cack contract of the day..."

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Pork Belly
    But do you meet the physical requirements?
    Not as bad as some USA requirments.

Can you read and write?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Pork Belly
    But do you meet the physical requirements?
    Hang on after hours support. I've never gone near out of hours support unless its£80 an hour (its the only way I've ever found of stopping clients calling in "emergencies" at 3am when the backup fails due to no tape in tape drive).

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    £85 per day for saying "Have you tried turning it on and off again" isn't bad going, and as about close to management as a McDonalds 'manager'

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think they want to hire a Bob
    Or a Northerner.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post

Essential requirements:
    - Excellent Bob management skills
    - Ability to motivate Bobs
    - Lead a team of 7 or more Bobs
    - Called Bob
    I think they want to hire a Bob

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Okay, say 220 days per year - and lets assume umbrella as well - that's what 15-16K per year - less if you want to factor in sickness / insecurity etc.

For a team leader....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Won't somebody think of the Bobs? How are they gonna under cut on those prices

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I would push for £98.
    Or pitch in at £84 to gain a competitive advantage

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I would push for £98.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    I have an urgent requirement for a Service Desk Team Leader to work for a 3 month contract paying £85 - £98 per day.

Essential requirements:
    - Excellent Man management skills
    - Ability to motivate
    - Lead a team of 7 or more

SHOOT ME NOW........

Is that for a 1 hour day, you could fit it in before you leave for your full time role.?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I think I just applied for that

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    started a topic Cack contract of the day...

Cack contract of the day...

I have an urgent requirement for a Service Desk Team Leader to work for a 3 month contract paying £85 - £98 per day.

Essential requirements:
    - Excellent Man management skills
    - Ability to motivate
    - Lead a team of 7 or more

SHOOT ME NOW........

Working...
X