• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is the south of France any good for holidaying if you have young kids?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The problem with banning people is that you can't neg them. It's the same with the Ignore list. The authorities should look into this.
    I noticed that. Maybe a note in the calendar to revisit the thread once they're back.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Yep, on this forum you can be a mysoginistic, xenophobic, homophobic, cyclo-phobic misanthrope, but call us 'over the hill' and you've gone too far.

Edit: Added troll's word
    For completeness and in memory of "she who dare not be named" you should really add misandrist

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What about twat?
    Yes, that too.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Have a 3 day holiday. Go somewhere warm where you can recover from your delusions of mediocrity
    The problem with banning people is that you can't neg them. It's the same with the Ignore list. The authorities should look into this.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Yep, on this forum you can be a mysoginistic, xenophobic, homophobic, cyclo-phobe, but call us 'over the hill' and you've gone too far.
    What about misanthropic?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Have a 3 day holiday. Go somewhere warm where you can recover from your delusions of mediocrity
    Yep, on this forum you can be a mysoginistic, xenophobic, homophobic, cyclo-phobic misanthrope, but call us 'over the hill' and you've gone too far.

Edit: Added troll's word
    Last edited by mudskipper; 9 July 2011, 08:35.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    SY02 and I are discussing where the Suities will be holidaying for summer 2011. I have plumped for the south of France. Med.

SY02 reckons it's for wine buffs and poofs with Porches.

Are there any holiday "resorts" down there that us chavs can frequent while trying to soak up some of the culture (wine and cheese) that would keep both sides of the argument happy?
    Do the French like their children?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    stop being such an ass and read my previous post to see what I did write ....
    Think I'll pass. Oh, it's banned now. Good.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Titter.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Not at all, if anything, I work too hard and as for my attitude to others, most people remark on how nice and polite I am, which I am towards those that arent fools ...

Maybe if you have a different perception of me, it could be because you're a fool .... I would say that is much more likely since you seem to be part of a community for bitter and over the hill contractors ....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    FTFY

You have to know your limits - in my teens I used to sneak out my old mans car and drive up and down the M6 late at night just for the hell of it.
    One night around 03:00 I was heading southbound about 60 miles out of Brum & was fighting to stay awake.... next thing I awoke and the car was heading for the crash barrier..I over corrected and got it sideways with all wheels locked up!, luckily there was no other traffic around so I managed to recover and pulled into the next services for a kip...never again!
    I can now recognise the warning signs of falling asleep behind the wheel and know when to stop

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    And on that note I'm going to put you on ignore. You are clearly a mental.
    Well said Doodab, The mans an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    most people remark on how nice and polite I am
    And on that note I'm going to put you on ignore. You are clearly a mental.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Has it perhaps occurred to you that your general attitude and approach to other people predisposes them to dislike you?
    Not at all, if anything, I work too hard and as for my attitude to others, most people remark on how nice and polite I am, which I am towards those that arent fools ...

Maybe if you have a different perception of me, it could be because you're a fool .... I would say that is much more likely since you seem to be part of a community for bitter and over the hill contractors ....

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    To the OP.

Our modus operandi now, and for the next few years, is to hire a gite in Burgundy area with private pool for 3 weeks each summer.

Why Burgundy? Easy to drive to from Moorfield Towers in a car with 3 young kids in <1 day. M11, M25, M20, Tunnel, Autoroute des Anglais, A8 - done. No dicking around on EasyChav planes. And quite frankly the kids don't care where they are as long as they get their own pool.

Have a great holiday. I will be enjoying horse steak & cheese in 2 weeks time. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X