• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So a new contractor just fell asleep at his desk..."

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by chana7 View Post

I know it is Friday but he has fallen asleep again. It's flippin hilarious. He's from the same agent as myself which makes me chuckle.

What a legend.
    Don't these people drink coffee? Or maybe he doesn't realise he's been dozing, although that's hard to believe.

Leave a comment:

• MCC7
    replied
    I know it is Friday but he has fallen asleep again. It's flippin hilarious. He's from the same agent as myself which makes me chuckle.

What a legend.

Leave a comment:

• oversteer
    replied
    The best ones are the luxo offices with proper separate toilet 'rooms' rather than partitioned cubicles, so you have no idea what's going on outside. Ideal for a powernap !

Leave a comment:

• MCC7
    replied
    Just discovered that this fella is from the same agency as myself, who I have quite a strong relationship with. He's probabaly double what I'm on! Hopefully they find out and I get his role. And rate. Wishful thinking.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    A friend has a story of him and a colleague being the only 2 people at a training course, both being on the bevvy the night before and both falling asleep in the course.

The instructor just carried on.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
    I never fall asleep in meetings
    Like anyone would notice if you did!! Besides, what organisations allow the janny to attend meetings anyway unless a pipe bursts and they need you to mop it up?

Leave a comment:

• Mason Boyne
    replied
    I never fall asleep in meetings and never need a "power nap" in the afternoon, I left all that crap behind at kindergarten.

Plenty of time for sleeping when you're dead.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

It also gives me the opportunity of asking how do you stop yourself from dozing in hot, stuffy meetings?
    Play Bullsh1t bingo that should do it

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    fell asleep in a 3 hour Cisco presentation luckily I was the only one from my company there.

God they made network QOS boring!

Poor German presenter realised he had lost me when I started snoring. New Kids don't help.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Can't be a proper contractor then.

The experienced contractor will scope out the bogs on day one to find the best sleeping spots.
    Too right. If you went to the loo's in the gym section next to the canteen mid afternoon you couldn't get to sleep for the sound of snoring from the other cubibles!! Ignorant b'stards.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    I did Jury Service a few years back and on the day we announced our verdict the (scouse) defendant turned up late (had been on the p1ss) and then proceeded to fall asleep in the dock. The judge didn't look kindly on events when he sent the perp down

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I only ever sleep in the bogs.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    My last permie place used to have long 'results' meetings in the local cinema. Three hours long, completely uninteresting, dead warm in there, comfy chairs = nightmare staying awake !!!!

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    He did it once when we were at a seminar, I had to keep elbowing him to wake up but he'd wake with a jolt so everyone knew he'd fallen asleep
    My old permie manager did that an early .Net release seminar at Microsoft in Reading years ago. Our company was one of a number brought in as "partners" for the launch or some such nonsense.

As his boss was also there, he got his ass handed to him.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    always worth setting the alarm on your phone, don't want to wake up in a dark empty car park at midnight
    ...having missed all the dogging!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X