• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What the hell are you talking about?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Soapy tit w*nk.

HTH
    Much better answer. I'm not sure anyone got my FUBAR comment either.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Soapy tit w*nk.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    In this instance - no. It's GCSE maths. Vectors have direction and magnitude. Velocity, for example is a vector quantity, while speed is not - it's scalar.
    I fooking know what vectors are!!!!!

Would it have not been better to have said. 'Oh we all appear to be pulling in different directions'.

Sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Red is X on the ergonometric scale? The bloke was talking nonsense, it's blue.
    Euroland (except italy and Austria) and switzerland (except the french speaking part) use a different scale which uses a Red X

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    In this instance - no. It's GCSE maths. Vectors have direction and magnitude. Velocity, for example is a vector quantity, while speed is not - it's scalar.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What's not to understand - it makes perfect sense. E.g.

(1) ( 2) (-5) ( 32 )
    (0) (-4) (6 ) (12333)

are vectors with differing directions and magnitudes.
    Are you talking bollocks? Yes or No.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Are you a short, 60 year old gay Chinese man then?
    I guess I can be if you want me to be. £100 in the usual account.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ..."It appears to me that we have a set of vectors pointing in different directions......... and with various magnitutdes."

Anyone have any examples of nonsensical sayings?
    What's not to understand - it makes perfect sense. E.g.

(1) ( 2) (-5) ( 32 )
    (0) (-4) (6 ) (12333)

are vectors with differing directions and magnitudes.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I used to work as an IT Director. We had this right thicko that I took on as a favour to his dad. I remember in a meeting, he had nothing to contribute so eventually just blurted out, 'Is red X on the ergonometric scale?' So to shut him up, I said, 'Red is X on the ergonometric scale'. Then he started shouting, 'Yes or no, yes or no?' I tried to ignore him but he soiled himself and started crying. I sometimes wonder what happened to him.
    Are you a short, 60 year old gay Chinese man then?

Leave a comment:

• Mason Boyne
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Ask him whether he still beats his wife.
    MarillionFan, do you still beat your wife?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I used to work as an IT Director. We had this right thicko that I took on as a favour to his dad. I remember in a meeting, he had nothing to contribute so eventually just blurted out, 'Is red X on the ergonometric scale?' So to shut him up, I said, 'Red is X on the ergonometric scale'. Then he started shouting, 'Yes or no, yes or no?' I tried to ignore him but he soiled himself and started crying. I sometimes wonder what happened to him.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Ask him whether he still beats his wife.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Red is X on the ergonometric scale? The bloke was talking nonsense, it's blue.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    When someone is deliberately obtuse like you describe, I usually just restate the question again when a really confused look on my face prefaced with something like "Sorry, what I asked was......"

Probably makes me look like an arse at times, but it usually has the desired effect.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    A pet hate of mine are people who answer questions in the most stupid manner ever but thinking they're the cleverest people in the world.

I remember when I first started out I had to ask the IT Director a question which had a simple Yes or No answer. He answered the question by saying something along the lines of 'Red is X on the ergonometric scale' (which is how I remember it, but googling it is nonsense). To which my reply was? I don't understand, and then he just repeated the answer indicating that I had to know the answer to that to get my Yes or No. What an arse.

It's just happened again.

"It appears to me that we have a set of vectors pointing in different directions......... and with various magnitutdes."

Anyone have any examples of nonsensical sayings?
    I did lose my temper with a guy once when all I needed was a Yes or a No....

"A simple Yes or No will do" I said in a raised slightly manic voice - felt really bad afterwards, he was a nice fella just a bit nervous and doddery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X