• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I never heard of t j hughes until the news tonight."

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    We were so poor we had to go to Scotland for our holidays!
    And you loved it so much you've now been back for 2nd's

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You can tell the T J Hughes type kids, C&A ones, the ones with poor parents, EO, NF and I bet Churchill got dragged down there by his poor copper dad.
    We were so poor we had to go to Scotland for our holidays!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    jeez. I dont remember going into the big shops.

but I DO remember being dragged to the the small back street tailors, and watching the haggling over a yard of cloth. The smells of the shop. The sound of scissors cutting the cloth
    magic

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    You can tell the T J Hughes type kids, C&A ones, the ones with poor parents, EO, NF and I bet Churchill got dragged down there by his poor copper dad.
    jeez. I dont remember going into the big shops.

but I DO remember being dragged to the the small back street tailors, and watching the haggling over a yard of cloth. The smells of the shop. The sound of scissors cutting the cloth
    magic

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    We got dragged down to some place that took Provident cheques, now that's poor.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Showing your age there Nick...
    I should be talking, there's about a 2 second glimpse of me here...looks like me and I was at one of the gigs and looked like the person in the close-up

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    True. Who are they? Tat shop or what?
    We talking about the wrestler, right?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Of course the internet was all magnetic fields then...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Famous all over the world in Liverpool.

Saturdays as a kid in the Sixties, ... I remember when ...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Saturdays as a kid in the Sixties, we (my siblings and I) would get dragged round the city centre by our parents: set lunch for 1/6 at a Chinese restaurant on Renshaw Street, then T J Hughes, Blackler's, Owen Owen, George Henry Lee ("Part of the John Lewis Partnership"), Lewis's, Philips Son and Nephew (a stationers that we seemed to visit every week to get typing paper for my father), and maybe a flying visit to Brian Epstein's record shop, NEMS. Then down to the Pier Head doughnut stall

All gone or going now
    you were lucky.

we had a 3d chicken soup out of the drinks machine in Lime st

and a six mile walk ome. if we were lucky

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Saturdays as a kid in the Sixties, we (my siblings and I) would get dragged round the city centre by our parents: set lunch for 1/6 at a Chinese restaurant on Renshaw Street, then T J Hughes, Blackler's, Owen Owen, George Henry Lee ("Part of the John Lewis Partnership"), Lewis's, Philips Son and Nephew (a stationers that we seemed to visit every week to get typing paper for my father), and maybe a flying visit to Brian Epstein's record shop, NEMS. Then down to the Pier Head doughnut stall

All gone or going now

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    bargain basement department store.

That explains why I never saw them Edinburgh...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    bargain basement department store.

Leave a comment:

• I never heard of t j hughes until the news tonight.

Working...
X