• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Eggs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eggs"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    From what i've heard, your wife's got that recipe.
    Well one doesn't like to brag.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Awww, come on. Share with us your recipe for meaty cock burgers.
    From what i've heard, your wife's got that recipe.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Give it a rest Norrahe.
    Awww, come on. Share with us your recipe for meaty cock burgers.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Try this tomorrow and report back.

Scramble your eggs as per usual, with a little salt and pepper to taste.

Then off the heat chuck in your sliced smoked salmon, and then stir in some marscapone. Serve with a sprig of parsley to garnish and brew up some ******* expensive filter coffee.

Give it a rest Norrahe.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
    ftfy.
    <yoda>
    Mmmm, feisty one your are.
    </yoda>

Leave a comment:

• Mason Boyne
    replied

Eat them, enjoy them and then go and tell someone who gives a tulip!
    ftfy.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'm just rustling up a breakfast of smoked salmon & scrambled eggs an I'm wondering why are some eggs brown and others white?

Then off the heat chuck in your sliced smoked salmon, and then stir in some marscapone. Serve with a sprig of parsley to garnish and brew up some ******* expensive filter coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Don't forget the blue eggs.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I heard something interesting about eggs on TV the other week, but I can't vouch for it's accuracy, and in hindsight sounds like carp. The gist of it was that intelligent life could not have evolved form eggs, because of the limited amount of nutrient and oxygen available to grow brains as large as ours wouldn't be able to be stored in an egg. Bigger eggs means less surface/volume and hence less oxygen exchange for one thing and brains gobble oxygen. But parrots are pretty smart, as are some other bird species.

Leave a comment:

• wizbit
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Here's a nice simple physics problem to think about. Would a convex lens floating in free space experience a net attractive force towards a light source shining directly through it (and thus the light converges). Next thing to think about would be the kinematics of the same situation in gravitation field and the lens at oblique angles to the light source, e.g. a lens floating or orbiting a sun/star.
    Given the lens is imperfect in its transmission it will have momentum imparted by the reflected and absorbed photons. Likewise the refracted photons (assuming a circular lens) will impart a forwards momentum as their lateral momentum will cancel out... season and diet are definitely not factors

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Brown eggs are laid by chickens which are constipated. White eggs are laid by chickens which are anaemic.
    Didn't the joke used to be about how clean the chicken's bottom was ?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Brown eggs are laid by chickens which are constipated. White eggs are laid by chickens which are anaemic.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Here's a nice simple physics problem to think about. Would a convex lens floating in free space experience a net attractive force towards a light source shining directly through it (and thus the light converges). Next thing to think about would be the kinematics of the same situation in gravitation field and the lens at oblique angles to the light source, e.g. a lens floating or orbiting a sun/star.
    Are you building a death star?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I was wondering why some tree leaves are brown the other day, and I don't mean the ones found on the floor or in autumn when the summer sun is fading as the year grows old, and darker days are drawing near <couldn't resist>.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X