• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eggs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering why some tree leaves are brown the other day, and I don't mean the ones found on the floor or in autumn when the summer sun is fading as the year grows old, and darker days are drawing near <couldn't resist>.

Comment

Here's a nice simple physics problem to think about. Would a convex lens floating in free space experience a net attractive force towards a light source shining directly through it (and thus the light converges). Next thing to think about would be the kinematics of the same situation in gravitation field and the lens at oblique angles to the light source, e.g. a lens floating or orbiting a sun/star.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Here's a nice simple physics problem to think about. Would a convex lens floating in free space experience a net attractive force towards a light source shining directly through it (and thus the light converges). Next thing to think about would be the kinematics of the same situation in gravitation field and the lens at oblique angles to the light source, e.g. a lens floating or orbiting a sun/star.
        Are you building a death star?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Brown eggs are laid by chickens which are constipated. White eggs are laid by chickens which are anaemic.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Brown eggs are laid by chickens which are constipated. White eggs are laid by chickens which are anaemic.
            Didn't the joke used to be about how clean the chicken's bottom was ?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Given the lens is imperfect in its transmission it will have momentum imparted by the reflected and absorbed photons. Likewise the refracted photons (assuming a circular lens) will impart a forwards momentum as their lateral momentum will cancel out... season and diet are definitely not factors

Comment

I heard something interesting about eggs on TV the other week, but I can't vouch for it's accuracy, and in hindsight sounds like carp. The gist of it was that intelligent life could not have evolved form eggs, because of the limited amount of nutrient and oxygen available to grow brains as large as ours wouldn't be able to be stored in an egg. Bigger eggs means less surface/volume and hence less oxygen exchange for one thing and brains gobble oxygen. But parrots are pretty smart, as are some other bird species.

Comment

Don't forget the blue eggs.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I'm just rustling up a breakfast of smoked salmon & scrambled eggs an I'm wondering why are some eggs brown and others white?
                    Try this tomorrow and report back.

Scramble your eggs as per usual, with a little salt and pepper to taste.

Then off the heat chuck in your sliced smoked salmon, and then stir in some marscapone. Serve with a sprig of parsley to garnish and brew up some ******* expensive filter coffee.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Try this tomorrow and report back.

Scramble your eggs as per usual, with a little salt and pepper to taste.

Eat them, enjoy them and then go and tell someone who gives a tulip!
                      ftfy.

Comment

Working...
                      X