• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Canadian Grand Prix"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Although Button drove stunningly well in the last 10 laps, he only managed to get near the leader because of the safety cars. All the hard work that Vettel did in the majority of the race building a large lead evaporated at the end allowing Button to charge through. But it was the best ten laps of racing in any grand prix this season.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    That DRS Zone was a joke really. Poor Schumacher, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Never really liked the Montreal track. It is very scenic and in the middle is a superb garden and a decent beach. But I always hoped that another track would take over duties, or Mosport could be spruced up.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Both moves just show his lack of experience and how his aggression/frustration makes him make rash moves.

For the move on Webber, how was he to know the curbs were wet and slippery.

Get him in the simulator re-running Button's race. He may learn, when he gets to Button's move on Alonso, that it's track position that counts.
    He should play Gran Turismo, you can switch that facility on/off

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not this season. Well, it has been, but that's only 'cos Vettel is on fire... he was first out of the 1st corner and led for 69.5 of the 70 laps until his only mistake.
    Vettel was lucky that his team seem to be alert/switched on enough to capitalise on safety cars, getting in effect two free pit stops by pitting before the safety car had chance to pick him up, so retained 1st position.

Vettel looks uncatchable this season (a great driver in the best car), and only mechanical failure, accident, or rare driver error will throw away the races and possibly the championship. For the moment his superiority in qualifying is letting him walk away with it.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    On the first, nothing Lewis can do if there is a wetter patch and the tyre just gives. Webber didn't blame him, if you drive aggressively it's to be expected. On the second, he was clearly overtaking. He gets more problems because he does way more overtakes.
    Both moves just show his lack of experience and how his aggression/frustration makes him make rash moves.

For the move on Webber, how was he to know the curbs were wet and slippery.

For the move on Button, how was he to know that Button would move to the left following the racing line.

Seems to me he's arrogant if he expects them to yield (particularly his team mate whose car is not that much slower that he could expect to get past so quickly) when he makes a move that in hindsight was never going to stick.

Get him in the simulator re-running Button's race. He may learn, when he gets to Button's move on Alonso, that it's track position that counts.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    rather than the usual precessional boring stuff where first one out of the first corner is more than likely the winner.
    Not this season. Well, it has been, but that's only 'cos Vettel is on fire... he was first out of the 1st corner and led for 69.5 of the 70 laps until his only mistake.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Best bit of F1 racing from loads of the drivers I've seen in years, really enjoyable.

Stunning how Button made it from last (21st) to 1st.

Take notes Hamilton, that's how you overtake without resorting to the Schumacher school of ramming, you winker.

Maybe Bernie isn't so nuts after all when he suggested having water sprinklers at each race to liven them up. The wet races always add entertainment through the unknown factor, rather than the usual precessional boring stuff where first one out of the first corner is more than likely the winner.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Well, as the experts say, Webber gave him enough room on the inside but Hamilton lost control and skidded into him. Then Button was following normal line when Hamilton caught his rear wheel with his front wing, which shows he didn't have position. Both incidents were Hamilton's own fault.
    On the first, nothing Lewis can do if there is a wetter patch and the tyre just gives. Webber didn't blame him, if you drive aggressively it's to be expected. On the second, he was clearly overtaking. He gets more problems because he does way more overtakes.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Great camera with Heidfeld.

Felt that one.

if I was a marshal, I'd try not to fall over when cleaning the track.
    I was sure he was going to get run over, all those cars desperately trying to figure which way he was going.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Well done Button, the Gods were against him again but he won it anyway, unlike 2 weeks ago. Flips knows how went so much faster than everyone else. Might have been nice to see Schumacher on the podium, even though wasn't a fan back in his cheating days. Hamilton got his just deserts.

I had my own problems recording the race. My PVR didn't switch to BBC2, but I noticed and started a second recording. Then after watching the BBC1 stint, discovered I had no sound for about 3/4 on then BBC2 stint, not sure what caused that. Then my BBC2 recorded stint ran out 3 laps from the end just as Button overtook Schumacher. But fortunately channel 301 is showing highlights all night.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They got moved over by accident; the proper ones are back now, but your browser will have cached the new ones. Try doing a forced reload of the "Reply" page to get the browser to bypass the cache - details of how to do that vary depending on which browser/OS combination you have.

Interestingly, I was able to get them loaded by opening the smilie page using the "More' link at the bottom of the smilie box.
    Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Wow indeed. Let's hope Button gets to keep the win (and Alonso didn't thump him)

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Wow.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Fantastic!!!!

21st to winner.
    True, that's pretty extraordinary.

Button had a rather eventful day and seemed to spend half the race on the pit lane. Best bit of F1 racing from loads of the drivers I've seen in years, really enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    These new smileys are tulip, the preferable 'rolleyes' one has gone too.

Why
    They got moved over by accident; the proper ones are back now, but your browser will have cached the new ones. Try doing a forced reload of the "Reply" page to get the browser to bypass the cache - details of how to do that vary depending on which browser/OS combination you have.

Interestingly, I was able to get them loaded by opening the smilie page using the "More' link at the bottom of the smilie box.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    He did!

Legend.
    Fantastic!!!!

21st to winner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X