• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Meant to be getting lasered today"

Collapse

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

BTW: 24 hours on I can see pretty well. Some fuzziness but based on a printed-out eye-chart I'm just at 20/20 on the weaker eye. Was very uncomfortable for about 3 hours but then OK, no real dryness so far. MAJOR bloodshot issues where they pushed the suction cup on, but otherwise pretty good.
    Excellent. All the messing about, drops in your eyes afterwards, dry eyes etc is well worth it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I have astigmatism is one eye, can that be fixed with laser, if so I am seriously thinking about this.
    Yes but it depends how bad and how bad your other prescription details are. You might as well go get a free consultation (or two) as the will do a 3D scan on your eye and tell you if they'll take you, and how optimistic your outlook.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I have astigmatism is one eye, can that be fixed with laser, if so I am seriously thinking about this.
    Depends how bad it is, how much cornea you have, whether it's stable and regular; but in general yes.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Sounds like either a bad day or a bad branch - obviously the people in each clinic are going to make the biggest difference.
    As for price, well I talked them down from £4900 to £2400, for their best product (which they claim isn't offered elsewhere yet).

BTW: 24 hours on I can see pretty well. Some fuzziness but based on a printed-out eye-chart I'm just at 20/20 on the weaker eye. Was very uncomfortable for about 3 hours but then OK, no real dryness so far. MAJOR bloodshot issues where they pushed the suction cup on, but otherwise pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    Nothing in that they haven't burnt anyone's eyes ou tha I'm aware of. They just didn't come over as very professional when I had the initial consultation. Sat waiting over an hour past the appointment time while th receptionists gossiped away. The guy doing the consultation was rushed and reluctant to answer questions.

It was more than likely an off-day for them but for that amount of money (easily double Optimax) and the fact it's your eyes they're working on 100% confidence in the people doing the procedure is bare minimum IMO.
    Sounds like either a bad day or a bad branch - obviously the people in each clinic are going to make the biggest difference.
    As for price, well I talked them down from £4900 to £2400, for their best product (which they claim isn't offered elsewhere yet).

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    They can do the check-ups anywhere, doesn't have to be the same place that operates on you.
    True, but nicer to have the people who did the op able to pop in and have a look if anything is untoward or youv'e any questions specific to your eyes. Purely personal opinion, obviously.

Forgot to say: good luck with it. It's one of the best things you can do and the sense of freedom afterwards is enourmous. I'll admit to having a small cry when I could read car numberplates without my glasses for the first time in years.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Please share, what's the problem with Ultralse?
    Nothing in that they haven't burnt anyone's eyes ou tha I'm aware of. They just didn't come over as very professional when I had the initial consultation. Sat waiting over an hour past the appointment time while th receptionists gossiped away. The guy doing the consultation was rushed and reluctant to answer questions.

It was more than likely an off-day for them but for that amount of money (easily double Optimax) and the fact it's your eyes they're working on 100% confidence in the people doing the procedure is bare minimum IMO.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    Halos can be an issue if you have high pupil diameters. Starbursts can also be an issue.

The biggest issue I had was with dry eyes. I used artificial tears for about six months after the procedure. Also, light sensitivity can also be a problem initially, so invest in a decent pair of polarized sunglasses.
    Damn adictive aren't they? The orange ones are the best.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    O O

I hear halos are the biggest problem.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Not FDA approved. You can re-do laser correction too in most cases something goes wrong. Not all, but since both involve cutting the eye I'd guess this is still the case to a degree.

Interesting idea slthough I assume it cannot correct astigmatism which is no good in my case.
    I hope you're not mildly short-sighted, because that can be a good thing (pay back) after the age of 40, especially for desk jockeys.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Hope it goes well.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    White wee wee! White wee wee! In my eye!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    gahhh gahh ghhhh urghhha gghhha ghhh

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Maybe the delay is God's way of telling you to get a corneal inlay instead.

At least they're reversible if anything goes pear shaped.
    Not FDA approved. You can re-do laser correction too in most cases something goes wrong. Not all, but since both involve cutting the eye I'd guess this is still the case to a degree.

Interesting idea slthough I assume it cannot correct astigmatism which is no good in my case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X