• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to contact a human associated with a website and force them to respond"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    housepricecrash.co.uk is a long-running farce. Thousands of users, millions of posts, hundreds of proclamations of the house price crash being about to start, and.. House prices haven't crashed.
    I visit that forum often. It isnt really a farce if you ignore the farcical threads. There are nutters in there who sold thier houses in 2005 and are waiting for a big crash so they can cash in. With every passing day they get more and more desperate.

However, there are several posters who dig up useful info and post it and I have to say I have gained a lot of insight by reading them. The latest thread there was about how Gordon Brown used PFI to build hundreds of hospitals and schools etc instead of borrowing money direct. Interesting read.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    housepricecrash.co.uk is a long-running farce. Thousands of users, millions of posts, hundreds of proclamations of the house price crash being about to start, and.. House prices haven't crashed.
    I wouldn't call it a farce but it does proof the adage that a "market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent".

Personally I find its got ALL the bad news and its just too depressing to visit often.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by xux42 View Post
    Nice one.

Quick update - there is a thread right now on HPC grizzling about advert banners.

So in all probability I have been banned (without any form of appeal) for some long forgotten (by me) post damaging to a HPC sponsor.

Ho hum. HPC isn't what it used to be - probably better off just looking at Nestoria and Nethouseprices anyway now for house price data.

Lesson appears to be: when any media entity becomes a commercial enterprise then objective debate ends.
    May I suggest you switch the computer off, go outside, feel the sun on your skin, perhaps sit in a cafe and watch the world go by, and remember what it is to be alive.

Leave a comment:

• xux42
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Threaten to buy a house unless they let you back in.

HTH
    Nice one.

Quick update - there is a thread right now on HPC grizzling about advert banners.

So in all probability I have been banned (without any form of appeal) for some long forgotten (by me) post damaging to a HPC sponsor.

Ho hum. HPC isn't what it used to be - probably better off just looking at Nestoria and Nethouseprices anyway now for house price data.

Lesson appears to be: when any media entity becomes a commercial enterprise then objective debate ends.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Threaten to buy a house unless they let you back in.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by xux42 View Post
    How can I force them to respond!!
    If they don't want to, why should they have to? They have not (I think) entered into a paying contract with you to provide a service. They have not violated any of your rights as a citizen. I run a not-for-profit website myself, and would hate to think that that gave me the obligation to spend time entering into correspondence with all comers.

And if, as you say, the alternative is having you drive to their house and having it out man to man, I think they've made the right decision.
    Last edited by thunderlizard; 11 June 2011, 17:46.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    For what it's worth, I just registered and it's been approved by their admin.

edit: just logged on and can see your account has last activity of yesterday (fri) at 8:46am

It doesn't indicate you as being banned.
    Last edited by jmo21; 11 June 2011, 12:49.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Similar thing happened to my Facebook - account got blocked something to do with the aliased email domain I was using (I never use my gmail on such sites).

Never bothered trying to reactivate it - Facebook is a massive waster of time IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Have you tried creating a new account from a different location or through a proxy, maybe your IP address is banned?
    WHS - Sometimes forum or blog owners block a range of IP addresses

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Have you tried creating a new account from a different location or through a proxy, maybe your IP address is banned?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    As Nick says. Get the details from WHOIS. Then look them on LinkedIn, 192.com and anything you can find. Then Streetview, get a picture of their house. Then Facebook them.

Give them a call and ask them why they've banned you. Then if they slam the phone down, get in the car and drive down to where they live at say 1 or 2am. You then knock on the door, and if they don't answer or tell you to go away you can stand outside crying and screaming, kicking the door, pleading etc until they reactivate your account.

It worked for Suityou.

Which reminds me. Admin how did the house move go?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You're not one of sasgurus sockies by chance?
    Janek

a regular here a few years ago, until he evidently decided our many house price crash discussions weren't doom laden enough

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I don't think so as I'm sure sibley ended up being hellbanned
    see Coding Horror .
    tiny minority of users out to do harm – intentionally or not – eventually drive out all the civil community members, leaving behind a lawless, chaotic badland

Leave a comment:

• xux42
    replied
    Well at least I know the messages were getting through

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    You don't live in Maidstone and go by the name Sibley, by any chance?
    Quite the opposite - I am property bear who hates property ramping, VIs, wish BTL was made uneconomic by statute and wants nice houses in pleasant areas to be easily affordable to couples on modest incomes.

A helpful person on here has been in touch with HPC:
    ---Quote---
    this poster is not allowed to visit this forum except as a guest.. This is the
    decision of the moderating team and cannot be discussed
    ---End Quote---

I have absolutely no idea what happened. Maybe I embarrased someone with clout at HPC.
    Maybe my account was hacked - I can't check the last posts because I can't log in to my profile.

Looks like I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X