• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Family finally explodes"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    People without back bones tend to do that.
    No, it's just that sleeping on wet sheets has made yours brittle.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    We would have huge fights but we're too lazy. Can't be bothered. Apathy rules.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    The same can be said of people who annoy you, stuff the old "you can pick your friends, but not your family" rubbish - if they cause you hassle, don't see them.
    Amen to that. I have loads of relatives I only see at weddings and funerals. We don't dislike each other, we get on well enough, but there is no point in forcing something that isn't there.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    After copying me in on email tirades against each other, they are now emailing me individually to whine about each other.

I bend like a willow in the wind.
    People without back bones tend to do that.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    This reminds me of when I complained about some book I was reading that was pretty crap.

A friend said, stop reading it then. Might seem obvious, by I'd never done that before. Now, whenever I get bored of a book, I stop reading it and move onto something else.

The same can be said of people who annoy you, stuff the old "you can pick your friends, but not your family" rubbish - if they cause you hassle, don't see them.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I feel left out. I have no family issues whatsoever and everyone loves me.
    That's cos you are in this country and everyone else is in SA

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    After copying me in on email tirades against each other, they are now emailing me individually to whine about each other.

I bend like a willow in the wind.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I feel left out. I have no family issues whatsoever and everyone loves me.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Right. Here goes.

About 15 years ago eldest sister decided to exclude our mother from her life. She did exactly that, and they haven't seen or spoken to each other since. Other sister put up with it for a while, but finally decided to cut off contact from eldest sister in response. I keep in contact with all of them, though not easy to be diplomatic.

Prior to that, about 1985, got a phone call at work from other sister, telling me that I have a brother that I didn't know about, from my father's first marriage. Have met brother twice, once at grandad's funeral, once at father's funeral. He has kept in contact with both sisters, but not with me, don't know why not. He has been invited to my niece's wedding next April, but mother feels sick at the though of seeing him, and I'm not exactly jumping for joy.

Complicated.
    Have you thought of sorting it out on Jerry Springer.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Right. Here goes.

About 15 years ago eldest sister decided to exclude our mother from her life. She did exactly that, and they haven't seen or spoken to each other since. Other sister put up with it for a while, but finally decided to cut off contact from eldest sister in response. I keep in contact with all of them, though not easy to be diplomatic.

Prior to that, about 1985, got a phone call at work from other sister, telling me that I have a brother that I didn't know about, from my father's first marriage. Have met brother twice, once at grandad's funeral, once at father's funeral. He has kept in contact with both sisters, but not with me, don't know why not. He has been invited to my niece's wedding next April, but mother feels sick at the though of seeing him, and I'm not exactly jumping for joy.

Complicated.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The more I "interact" with Churchy the more I think he's the nut job in the relationship so your probably right.
    I think you'll find that Churchy only uses half a brain when interacting on the board. Which is a bloody good job because the other half is in a medical research laboratory for dementia.

or I can't decide.

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Well here's an insight for you. Even Agents have families.

My Side:

the odd Scrap here and there, brought closer together by a horrendous episode of losing 2 family members in 24 hours, a third 3 weeks later, and a fourth 5 weeks after that. Ever since, the entire family unit has been very close and supportive - sure we have our odd flare up moments and disagreements, but to me, that shows we care. My family gets on extremely well with my wife.

Her side:

Less closely knit, but not too bad - a couple of evil trouble makers though (in the extended part of the family) - they're incredible - what starts as an innocent comment, regularly ends in an absolute self destruction. Naturally when they're not around, everything runs swimmingly.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If we are all family, can you lend a bother a fiver?
    No, it's too much hassle.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Aren't we all family
    If we are all family, can you lend a bother a fiver?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    nah, my psychotic tendancies are waaaaaaaay less than hers

The more I "interact" with Churchy the more I think he's the nut job in the relationship so your probably right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X