• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Show us your watches....."

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Citizen AT-Skyhawk

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Wife bought me one of these about 8 years ago on interest free credit....it took me a year to pay for it.

I bought mine from Dubai - cost me ~£25

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Wife bought me one of these about 8 years ago on interest free credit....it took me a year to pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• Signo_cypher
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Breitling. I have a 1960 Navitimer.

I have the Rotary Gents Aquaspeed - looks are similar, fraction of the price

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    I also have a fob watch

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied

This is my everyday jobbie.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Bought one of these 5 or 6 years ago for being on time when making hospital visits (the ward staff got a bit tulipty if you were outside visiting tiimes),

Clean, uncluttered and above all, cheap. But haven't worn it since.

Leave a comment:

• LottoPlayer
    replied
    TW Steel Canteen Model. Oversized Face....

Understated (But mainly cheap...)

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Citizen Aqualand Nx underwater but this is due for an upgrade in time for the next undersea adventure cos I can't read it at night*
    Do you have to charge it up with a torch?

I'm tempted by a D9, but can't really justify it for the <2 dives I do a year.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Omega Seamaster day to day
    Citizen Ecodrive for (exotic) holidays
    Citizen Aqualand Nx underwater but this is due for an upgrade in time for the next undersea adventure cos I can't read it at night*

*My first nightdive was one of the most enjoyably-scary sensations ever. You know it's safe but it's akin to the first time you stand on the glass floor in the CN tower and look down.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I want one of these:
    And according to

The Harrison legacy in the "affordable quartz" era

it's not been improved on by much over the last 250 years.

So much for quartz & silicon.

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Me: Rolex Datejust with salmon tinted dial / diamond indices / diamond cut bezel / jubilee bracelet.

Missus: Rolex Datejust with blue dial / plain bezel / jubilee bracelet.

Bought mine for £3.5k in 2002 but the same watch now retails for £6k, missus paid £1.8k in 2000 and they retail for £2.5k now.

However, this Casio has to be the weapon of choice for any contractor wanting to make his mark: BBC News - Casio F-91W: The strangely ubiquitous watch

One flash of that and you'll be taking waterboarding lessons.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sensible.
    When you're on your death bed and your life is flashing before you, your watch won't figure highly.
    Your house in exotic Wandsworth will.
    Life is about packing in as many experiences as possible during your fleeting time on this molten rock.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Oh I'm sure she'll sleep soundly now she has the sasguru seal of approval.
    You don't have to sign off your posts, I'm sure we all know what you are.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Will the 2K watch show a better time than a 20 quid watch ? Just asking....
    In that logic, everyone would buy a 2nd-hand Ford Focus and their clothes at Asda, because it is perfectly adequate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X