• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone got a Bosch condensing tumble dryer?"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Why have you all got condensing dryers? A hole in the wall is the way forward Shirley??
    The thread did ask for people with condensing tumble dryers!

You can start your own thread for those with non-condensers

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Why have you all got condensing dryers? A hole in the wall is the way forward Shirley??

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Thanks all. An ironing lady seems the way forward !

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Likewise, the lady picks it up, takes it away & it comes back ironed & on hangers & everything
    WHJS

Life is waaay too short for ironing.

£10 for a bin bag full or if you don't like the idea of someone earning a little extra cash in hand, Johnsons charge about 80p a shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Way forward?? It’s the only bloody way!

I fill the box, she picks it up & brings it back next day £25 (for 2 weeks’ worth of work / fancy clothes) CBA with T’s & chill out togs. I get to spend my time doing things I want & there is no argument about wearing too many clothes, buying hard to iron items whose turn it is etc..

We do have an emergency ironing board & iron somewhere in the house – I think
    We never have *that* discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Oi, have a word with CM, I'm trying to convince her that this is the "way forward".
    Way forward?? It’s the only bloody way!

I fill the box, she picks it up & brings it back next day £25 (for 2 weeks’ worth of work / fancy clothes) CBA with T’s & chill out togs. I get to spend my time doing things I want & there is no argument about wearing too many clothes, buying hard to iron items whose turn it is etc..

We do have an emergency ironing board & iron somewhere in the house – I think

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Likewise, the lady picks it up, takes it away & it comes back ironed & on hangers & everything
    Oi, have a word with CM, I'm trying to convince her that this is the "way forward".

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The woman deals with "that kind of thing".

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The woman deals with "that kind of thing".

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    If so, which model? Does it have to be plumbed-in in any way? Or does it need just a mains plug?

How do you like / rate yours?

I'm thinking of getting this one, particularly for its reduced ironing feature:
    Buy Bosch Exxcel WTW84360 Sensor Condenser Tumble Dryer, White online at JohnLewis.com

I hate ironing
    I bought the missus one of the "iron aid" dryers for her birthday last year....it's what she asked for (honest). As to how good it is, dunno, I don't do the ironing, but I do know it uses the evaporated water collected in the tank to inject steam back into the cycle whilst drying, which is apparantly what helps reduce the creases. I think she's happy with it. Not too much help i'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    If so, which model? Does it have to be plumbed-in in any way? Or does it need just a mains plug?

How do you like / rate yours?

I'm thinking of getting this one, particularly for its reduced ironing feature:
    Buy Bosch Exxcel WTW84360 Sensor Condenser Tumble Dryer, White online at JohnLewis.com

I hate ironing
    How about a plan B. Charter a ship and employ some cheap Asians to do laundry and ironing on the ship anchored off the three mile limit and not subject to UK employment regulations. Charge ten quid a load.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You have trousers you can tumble dry? You know that's not the same thing as dry cleaning don't you?
    I do have some trousers I can tumble dry - Cargo Pants, Chinos and various fairly casual sorts of trousers.

I don't tumble dry suit trousers, as you imply they go to the dry cleaners.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    My condenser isn't plumbed in you just empty the tank pretty well each use.

But "reduced ironing feature" WTF? Just take the stuff out when it finishes rather than leaving it in to cool and crease!

Works for shirts, trousers sometimes need a quick rub over but most stuff is wearable, unless your the sort of person/nob-end who irons socks and hankies.
    You have trousers you can tumble dry? You know that's not the same thing as dry cleaning don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    I'm thinking of getting this one, particularly for its reduced ironing feature

I hate ironing
    My condenser isn't plumbed in you just empty the tank pretty well each use.

But "reduced ironing feature" WTF? Just take the stuff out when it finishes rather than leaving it in to cool and crease!

Works for shirts, trousers sometimes need a quick rub over but most stuff is wearable, unless your the sort of person/nob-end who irons socks and hankies.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    We have two Meile ones in the washing room downstairs. No plumbing, but you have to empty the tank.

Haven't tried the no iron features as I only use them for bedlinen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X