• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parakeets intimidate garden birds"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    It is true though, a pig will eat into your rib cage if it has the slightest knowledge you will not be able to fend back.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Just don't faint in a pig cage. They will eat you.
    A perfect description of dealing with pimps.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    when I was a kid, all the leftovers from the school dinners used to be put into bins and taken to the pigs for their swill. do they still do that ?
    That was stopped a long time back as they: the collectors also went to cake shops & the like but were caught selling it cheap for human consumption so the shops started throwing it in to bins where it goes to land fill – so much for recycling

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Pigs are perhaps the most mistreated and misunderstood of all farm animals. Intelligent, sociable, have a sense of fun and can quite easily form friendships with humans, and yet they're stuffed up together indoors all the time with no chance to go outside.
    maybe. Most people are townies these days though, the closest they ever come to one is a packet of bacon in the supermarket or a dvd of Babe

when I was a kid, all the leftovers from the school dinners used to be put into bins and taken to the pigs for their swill. do they still do that ?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Just don't faint in a pig cage. They will eat you.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Pigs not cute? Each to his/her own I suppose.
    Pigs are perhaps the most mistreated and misunderstood of all farm animals. Intelligent, sociable, have a sense of fun and can quite easily form friendships with humans, and yet they're stuffed up together indoors all the time with no chance to go outside.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Pigs not cute? Each to his/her own I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    lambs are cute. but their legs are great

yum yum

They aren't cute at the age they end up on most people's dinner tables.

It's a bit like teenagers not being cute though they are children if they are under 18.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

yum yum

and shoulders (slow roasted), hearts (pot roasted and stuffed), livers (with sage and onion), loin (herbed and roasted), neck (stewed with chorizo and red wine)

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The problem is that they eat as much crap as London pigeon as they are even better at eating out of dustbins then foxes.

I bet red squirrel would be better but I like red squirrels as they are cute and not rat like.

I don't find cows, sheep, chickens, goats, turkeys, pigs, deer and rabbits cute so have no problem eating them.

yum yum

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Grey squirrels taste very good. Need marinading first.
    The problem is that they eat as much crap as London pigeon as they are even better at eating out of dustbins then foxes.

I bet red squirrel would be better but I like red squirrels as they are cute and not rat like.

I don't find cows, sheep, chickens, goats, turkeys, pigs, deer and rabbits cute so have no problem eating them.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I don't want to be caught by any of the local children.

Though maybe if I'm nicer to the neighbour's cat he may bring me a present of one. Though he's more interested in chasing grey squirrels and scaring dogs......
    Grey squirrels taste very good. Need marinading first.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Has anyone researched whether they taste good?
    I don't want to be caught by any of the local children.

Though maybe if I'm nicer to the neighbour's cat he may bring me a present of one. Though he's more interested in chasing grey squirrels and scaring dogs......

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There are quite a few research projects at universities in the London and the South East going on involving those bloody noisy birds.

I wish sometimes someone would take a shot gun to them. They are nearly as annoying as seagulls.
    Has anyone researched whether they taste good?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    There are quite a few research projects at universities in the London and the South East going on involving those bloody noisy birds.

I wish sometimes someone would take a shot gun to them. They are nearly as annoying as seagulls.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X