• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to report a cowboy"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh! Come on!!!!!

I've been out all day and you've banned him again.

He is our saviour!

Revolution!!!!
    Every good deed.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    In an effort to comply with russel's request I've actioned a couple of ...er... actions. Can you guess what the second one is?
    Oh! Come on!!!!!

I've been out all day and you've banned him again.

He is our saviour!

Revolution!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    This is not General so keep it on topic please.
    In an effort to comply with russel's request I've actioned a couple of ...er... actions. Can you guess what the second one is?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    "Russell" is a trolling sockpuppet no better than Contractor79 (in fact I wouldn't be overly shocked if it's the same puppeteer), ignore him.
    This is not General so keep it on topic please.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    "Russell" is a trolling sockpuppet no better than Contractor79 (in fact I wouldn't be overly shocked if it's the same puppeteer), ignore him.
    They are probably owned by the same person for all I / we know.

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    How would you go about reporting a cowboy?
    are all cowboys really indians?

how are you going to check the quals they have listed from shawadiwaddi university or verify their experience - no chance, there is feck all you can do

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Carry on with what you do... if you believe in going in with bullsh*t, then go for it.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by russell
    Those two sentences don't seem to have any connection. You left your last contract because one of your colleagues was sh*te?

I love it when a fellow contractor is terrible, makes me look good.
    Carry on with what you do... if you believe in going in with bullsh*t, then go for it.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You left a contract because you felt someone you worked with was an insult to the technical community. My my, you must be loaded to be so precious.

The term 'what goes around, comes around'. Cowboy contractors will get theirs eventually and if you are intimidated by somebody like that it doesn't say much for your own confidence in your own skills.
    Not loaded at all. Just have a little pride and self-respect to work with people who are tulip at their job. If I continued working with the guy, my credibility would have suffered even more.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Inform your nearest Sheriff (Are you working in Scotland? Quite a few there)

HTH.

qh

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Well, I can only hope that our paths will never cross. As far as i am concerned, your CUK and real life rep is no different. One of the reasons why I left my last contract was because the contractor I was working with was sh*te and was an insult to the technical community.
    You left a contract because you felt someone you worked with was an insult to the technical community. My my, you must be loaded to be so precious.

The term 'what goes around, comes around'. Cowboy contractors will get theirs eventually and if you are intimidated by somebody like that it doesn't say much for your own confidence in your own skills.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    If I grassed up every contractor I worked with on suspicions that they "sexed up" their CV, my real life rep would match my CUK one.

Any contractor worth their salt will have exaggerated on their CV, then spent many hours cramming on a skill, then you get in and learn on the job, then it becomes a real skill.
    Well, I can only hope that our paths will never cross. As far as i am concerned, your CUK and real life rep is no different. One of the reasons why I left my last contract was because the contractor I was working with was sh*te and was an insult to the technical community.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    I'm just interested in how you'd deal with a contractor you worked with who you had huge suspicions was there on the basis of a false cv. It's obvious when it happens.
    If I grassed up every contractor I worked with on suspicions that they "sexed up" their CV, my real life rep would match my CUK one.

Any contractor worth their salt will have exaggerated on their CV, then spent many hours cramming on a skill, then you get in and learn on the job, then it becomes a real skill.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    As I don't know what you do for a living, I would suggest at the next project meeting nominating the cowboy to do a piece of work that (s)he claims can do blindfolded and sit back and wait to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Tsk! they are all the same
    The same can be said about Agents....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X