• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Phobias

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phobias"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'd prefer that to being cremated alive. Maybe I'm a bit strange?
    Zippy,
    if Twitter is to be believed, there is no "maybe" about it!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Spiders no problem, but buried alive or stuck in a confined space do my head in.

As I get older I'm not keen on being stuck in the back of a cramped 2 door car.
    I'd prefer that to being cremated alive. Maybe I'm a bit strange?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I expect that would freak most people out at first.
    Yeah, you'd get used to it if you had to.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Spiders no problem, but buried alive or stuck in a confined space do my head in.
    I expect that would freak most people out at first.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Being buried alive and spiders

As I get older I'm not keen on being stuck in the back of a cramped 2 door car.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

From about 2 minutes onwards on this video really freaks me out!!
    Excellent video.

After getting up there, you really really really wouldn't want to drop the screwdriver,

Any idea how long it took?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Bunch of bloody pansies
    What's so scary about pansies?

Giant tropical Venus fly traps might be another matter ..

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Maybe you should write to them about your concerns, just in-case they didn't think about that when they designed the hand dryer with the entirely plastic casing.
    Good point well made nobby.

Wonder why they feel the need to put this in the manual then?

CAUTION: Risk of electric shock! If casing is removed or handled improperly the internal components
    of the Dyson Airblade TM hand dryer may cause harm

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    I am scared to death with the thought of getting an offer from my client to go permie with them.

Am I the only one?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Cotton wool, polystyrene and chalk.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    I have a fear of those Dyson hand dryers you find in toilets these days. It scares me in same way it does when I try and prise a bit of burnt toast out of my Dualit with a knife. do I really want my wet hands so close to an electrical device?
    Maybe you should write to them about your concerns, just in-case they didn't think about that when they designed the hand dryer with the entirely plastic casing.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    do I really want my wet hands so close to an electrical device?
    Ever had a shower? A heavy duty mains cable connected directly into the middle of the unit, way more amps than a hand-dryer.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Dysonaphobia

I have a fear of those Dyson hand dryers you find in toilets these days. It scares me in same way it does when I try and prise a bit of burnt toast out of my Dualit with a knife. do I really want my wet hands so close to an electrical device?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Bunch of bloody pansies
    No, they're fine, it's spiders I can't stand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X