• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3 hours sleep. Coping strategies required."

Collapse

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    That's because of the coffee. When I am knackered and need a good nights kip I make sure to switch from coffee to camomile tea around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
    yeah good point, i did that for a while but finding that i need that last hit later in the afternoon - will skip today and see what happens

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I find drinking large amounts of alcohol and abusing people on an internet forum tend to help me in getting to sleep.

Bit ****ed at the second part if you're the moderator I suppose(doesn't seem to stop NAT though)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    you have croc clips on your gonads?!?! :O
    Suity didn't have to - He has (or until recently had) an assortment of ironmongery on them.

(Being at clientco I daren't look up the words, like Prince Alberts or Palangs or whatever, in case a giant picture pops up! )

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I do the same and typically stop drinking coffee mid afternoon and yet 11pm is still the time of day when I am most awake
    Trying to get into bed and asleep by midnight is a struggle
    That's why you need the camomile tea. It also helps to knock one out.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    That's because of the coffee. When I am knackered and need a good nights kip I make sure to switch from coffee to camomile tea around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
    I do the same and typically stop drinking coffee mid afternoon and yet 11pm is still the time of day when I am most awake
    Trying to get into bed and asleep by midnight is a struggle

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    annoying thing is come 10 o clock tonight I'll be wide awake and will be having my best ideas - stupid brain!

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    So after working until 01:30 (having procrastinated like an expert), I couldn't get to sleep until 4. Brilliant.
    Hectic documentation, planning and meetings ahead - please take the piss freely suggest coping strategies and share war stories below.

Zzzzzzzzz.
    i did the same last night, had to crack something for the morning but thought it's Ok I can kip on the train - sadly the guy who came and sat next to me was the most obnoxious guys I've met on a train who was determined to sit in both of our seats - he fidgeting and squashed me for the best part of an hour and i quite honestly almost popped him....

my coping strategy is to smoke and drink coffee all day, fantasise about going to bed and generally feel sorry for myself , annoying thing is come 10 o clock tonight I'll be wide awake and will be having my best ideas - stupid brain!

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and dont try any planking stunts. you'll only get hurt
    You could try plating stunts instead

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Attach micro switches to your eyelids, that when your eyes shut, this closes a relay which sends 60amps to the croc clips on your gonads.

Simples.
    you have croc clips on your gonads?!?! :O

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I regularly only have 3 hours of sleep a night (especially when the **** in the next room doesn't know how to use the ******* volume button on his ******* TV remote control).
    I read this in your blog. Why don't you just get ear-plugs?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    and dont try any planking stunts. you'll only get hurt

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Chocolate coated coffee beans.

Evil bastards but they work.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    If you can make it to lunch time get a coffee, go sit in your car, drink it and get a snooze in, set your phone alarm to wake you. By the time you wake up the caffeine will have kicked in and that cimbined with the nap will keep you going for the afetr noon.

If you don't have the car with you use the bogs as a last resort. Bogroll makes a good makeshift pillow.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    luckily, we dont have to wait that long

I would've delegated - but everyone buggered off as soon as the shit: started to hit the fan, the buck didn't even slow down anywhere near them but I brought it to a halt. All caused by some plonker who didn't enter the correct formulae in a costings spreadsheet. Oh, that and my expert procrastination. Which is what I'm doing now.
    Diary cleared after 3pm, going home after this is all done & dusted.

Feel free to run amok - to amuse CJ/Nat/Admin if nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I don't know if it's the placebo effect or not, but Red Bull (and not the diet stuff) seems to do the trick, although if you drink it too often it doesn't work as well, failing that strong filter coffee

I've tried pro plus but it just didnt work as well as proper filter coffee for getting that caffeine hit, all I seemed to do was get a headache

You'll survive the day easily, it's tommorrow you're going to feel really tired and low, so have a real early night tonight if possible and sleep it off

Leave a comment:

Working...
X