• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it just me or what ??"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Jeeez man! I'm like, reading this thread and thinking Whaaatever! I mean, you guys are like, soooooo uptight, so I'm like Go figure! Get a life! I would of got a life but I'm, like, Whaaaatever. Anyway if you don't like it, my bad. Have a nice day, now ....
    Aw shoot, you gone and done stole my idea, now im pissed!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by cswd
    I agree entirely.

My daugher is confined to pure BBC propoganda such as CBeebies at the moment as at least they speak proper English on there. Apart from the tellytubbies.
    Tellytubbies don't speak English??!! Man, what are you smokin' ???

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Jeeez man! I'm like, reading this thread and thinking Whaaatever! I mean, you guys are like, soooooo uptight, so I'm like Go figure! Get a life! I would of got a life but I'm, like, Whaaaatever. Anyway if you don't like it, my bad. Have a nice day, now ....

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman
    Yes, I for one am completely f**ked off with it.

It sounds so much worse when British people say these americanisms as well. It's like we're trying to lose our own identity to that of some generic US sitcom.
    Since most children spend more time with American television than with people trying to teach them English, I think the hope that they will learn English, even good American English, is something we are destined to "loose".

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    You are sooooo sad!

Get over it!

Have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Yes, I for one am completely f**ked off with it.

It sounds so much worse when British people say these americanisms as well. It's like we're trying to lose our own identity to that of some generic US sitcom.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    My bad, I like to think of myself as young and cutting edge and like to think I can use the vanaculer as part of that. Go figure!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    "Would of" rather than "would have" seems to be becoming universal and is my personal bugbear. I predict the sad day when it becomes accepted as correct grammar.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Its another Americanism (for that read ignorance).

My pet hate is ending with "... also."

Aaaaaahhhhhh ITS A CONJUNCTION!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Whatever

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I hate everything, everyone and everywhere.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    I hate bloody americans and the way they emphasise everything as if its a question.

Also when talking about cooking they use 'make' far too much, like 'make chicken' or 'make dinner'

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    People end sentences with "my bad" ????? Eh???? what language is that? It must be a yoof thing. I prefer "ooooh, fancy that" myself

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Almost, but not quite, as annoying as people who end their sentences with the illiterate "my bad". That really gets on my cosmic goatee I can tell you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X