• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I'm bored

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm bored"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I may be from Yorkshire but I do have two hands, granted they each have 6 fingers but thats actually in my favour at the moment
    I'm impressed you can do all that and post on CUK while Mrs darmstadt has all three of your testicles in her gob.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What are you using to peel it off if your fingers are stuck together?
    I may be from Yorkshire but I do have two hands, granted they each have 6 fingers but thats actually in my favour at the moment

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I was bored, until I managed to superglue my fingers together, so am now peeling the dried super glue off my fingers which is quite satisfying.
    What are you using to peel it off if your fingers are stuck together?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I was bored, until I managed to superglue my fingers together, so am now peeling the dried super glue off my fingers which is quite satisfying.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Unfortunately I seem to have found out everything I ever wanted to know about everything.

What is next?
    Bicker nonsense on CUK about subject you know nothing about?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What kind of screwdrivers are you after? A tiny little watchmaker's set, or decent electric handheld screwdriver?

I love my brace and bit screwdriver. When I bought it about 20 years ago, the guy in the shop said Black and Decker had stopped making it, and the one I was buying was the last on sale in the country! The only slight snag is you do need a fair bit of clearance to use it.
    Oh I have loads of them now, I just decided to pick up a few quality German tools before I return to the UK.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Quite a lot. There are no good review sites for screwdrivers for a start.
    What kind of screwdrivers are you after? A tiny little watchmaker's set, or decent electric handheld screwdriver?

I love my brace and bit screwdriver. When I bought it about 20 years ago, the guy in the shop said Black and Decker had stopped making it, and the one I was buying was the last on sale in the country! The only slight snag is you do need a fair bit of clearance to use it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Except for these evil sods; I hate them.

Anyway, this search always gives about an hour's entertainment:

things to do with nothing - Google Search
    rat tail files
    rasps
    hasps
    bastard files
    flat files
    doubled edge files
    smooth edge files

what type of file is used to enlarge a 5p sized hole to a 50p sized one ?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    It also offers the opportunity to have a little nap using a spare loo roll as a pillow.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I used to do that when I first went back to work after having baby. Might start doing it again.
    Back in my permie days as a support bod, I used to take the occasional nap in the server room.

Bit noisy and chilly though!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    have a little nap using a spare loo roll as a pillow.
    I used to do that when I first went back to work after having baby. Might start doing it again.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Some cracking ones here

65. Have a staring contest
    88. Break an egg over your child's head by rapping it gently with your fist and then opening your hand to make the egg roll down the face
    101. See who can go the longest without talking.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Screwdrivers are ok, but I always thought that files are underrated

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

It seems that hand tools generally are neglected, power tools get all the attention. Bit of a shame really although I do find gear hobbing machines quite hypnotic to watch. Most CNC machines as well actually.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I find having a good poo always cheers me up.
    It also offers the opportunity to have a little nap using a spare loo roll as a pillow.

I once got phoned by a PM while sat on the throne, I answered it and said "you can't phone me when I'm having a tulip" although actually I was playing chess on my phone.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X