• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ken Clarke

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ken Clarke"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Jeez - 'kin slow news day or what !!! What a complete and utter made up story deliberately finding a different meaning to that which was meant - a skill women are particularly adept at.
    Disagree with the policy by all means and offer an alternative - the current one DOESNT work.
    Country is fubar, we are lucky there aren't riots and we are worrying about stuff like this.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    arse?
    Unfortunately I am burdened with a slim build, this along with my bone structure means I am constantly struggling with stalkers and envious people, its a curse.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    arse?
    feck! girls!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I'm not, thought I was kandr or nob25? Ever thought the possibility that I am a real person with feelings, and a huge ****?
    arse?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Of course there are different degrees of rape - that's why sentencing varies.
    And that is all Ken needed to say. It pi55es me off when you get people jumping up and down on a comment without actually listening to what was being said. There are degrees of rape - hence the different levels of sentencing. There isn't a sane person out there that could argue that rape is wrong, but when the law sees a 17 year old having sex with a 15 year old as being rape, how can that be in the same bracket as a serial violent rapist.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ken Clarke is in a wrong job - he should have run Treasury instead of Osborne.
    I didn't realise Clarke was in the Bullingdon Club.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I'm not, thought I was kandr or nob25? Ever thought the possibility that I am a real person with feelings, and a huge ****?
    Awww.

I thought I had a feeling once, but it turned out I just needed a poo.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Of course there are different degrees of rape - that's why sentencing varies. It would make sense if the law reflected this.

The purpose of the proposed law change, is to encourage guilty rapists to plead guilty earlier rather than at the last minute, saving a lot of money, and, more importantly, distress to the victims. (Of course, it's the money that's the really issue...).

Definitely it was a gaffe. An open goal to the shrieking harridans of the opposition.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I'm sure this one will run and run, but one thing that needs to be pointed out is that the term "statutory rape" is not part of British law (Scotland may vary, as they very sensibly try to keep their legal system separate from the one the English inflict on themselves and others).

Sexual activity with a person under the age of consent (i.e. under sixteen years of age) is known as "sexual activity with a child" and is a straightforward offence when the older party is aged eighteen or over (Sexual Offences Act 2003 section 9, and various provisions in other sections of that Act). It's still illegal for a seventeen year old to engage in sexual activity with a fifteen year old, but it isn't rape unless it really is rape, so wouldn't affect the statistics in the way Clarke claimed. Clarke's example of a seventeen year old boy and a fifteen year old girl having consensual sex was flawed in that it betrayed his ignorance of the law, for that would not lead to the seventeen year old boy being prosecuted on a charge of rape.

Well, virtually everything he said betrayed ignorance, but that's one of the many details he looked like an idiot over.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 19 May 2011, 00:41.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ken Clarke is in a wrong job - he should have run Treasury instead of Osborne.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You could be real. Frankly I find your posts ok but when the masses move against you who am I to stand against it?...

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    FTFY
    Im no David Koresh!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I'm not, thought I was kandr or nob25? Ever thought the possibility that I am a real person with feelings, and also a huge c**t?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Maybe Ken meant it's not rape if a woman dresses up as a cleaner wearing a short skirt with a fancy lace bow tie on the back.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'll be disappointed if Russell is Minestrone. It's not up to his usual high standard.
    Last edited by russell; 18 May 2011, 22:16.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X