• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A most impressive virus"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Try not breathing too deeply.

Seriously, I'm sure a cold or flu becomes more severe the further into your lungs the incoming virus settles.
    WHS. If you don't breathe at all, the cold/flu will disappear completely.

(Get well soon!)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Thanks for all of your posts. From the Halo-hug™ to the exciting time travel story I found true inspiration. ..
    Try not breathing too deeply.

Seriously, I'm sure a cold or flu becomes more severe the further into your lungs the incoming virus settles.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Thanks for all of your posts. From the Halo-hug™ to the exciting time travel story I found true inspiration.

If have heard my niece's school have been struck by the same bug and they are all going down like flies. * **

I have at least upgraded from bed to the sofa and can access the laptop.

* My niece does not own the school, only attends.
    ** Serves the little germ breeding feckers right.
    Last edited by suityou01; 14 May 2011, 10:37.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Get well soon Suity
    I think you might be the 'Rosetta Stone' of microbiology though ..

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

And THAT is a true story or strike me down.
    Can I hear thunder?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    A real contractor would have made it in.

I was once on my way to a contract when I hit by a car and died on the spot. I was then re-incarnated as a field mouse in a lovely spot in Cumbria, 8 months later I was eaten by an owl at which point I was reincarnated as a fox, of which I stayed until shot by a hunter. This happened constantly for at least another 500 years worth of reincarnations at which point in the year 2544 I was reincarnated as a human child. Well I grew up to be a great scientist who tamed black holes and cracked time travel.

I then set my time machine back to the morning my previous incarnation had been killed, ariived and watched the accident, I picked up the laptop fand then travelled to the client where I used my Mutuality of Obligation clause to gain access and fulfill my obligations finishing the days work & billing at the end of the day!!!

Whatever you say Pinocchio.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    A real contractor would have made it in.

I was once on my way to a contract when I hit by a car and died on the spot. I was then re-incarnated as a field mouse in a lovely spot in Cumbria, 8 months later I was eaten by an owl at which point I was reincarnated as a fox, of which I stayed until shot by a hunter. This happened constantly for at least another 500 years worth of reincarnations at which point in the year 2544 I was reincarnated as a human child. Well I grew up to be a great scientist who tamed black holes and cracked time travel.

I then set my time machine back to the morning my previous incarnation had been killed, ariived and watched the accident, I picked up the laptop fand then travelled to the client where I used my Mutuality of Obligation clause to gain access and fulfill my obligations finishing the days work & billing at the end of the day!!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Hope you feel better soon
    WHS, but...

One can't help but wonder that you seem stricken by a series of 'superbugs'. Isn't it more likely you're just weak... either because you're a pussy or because the first bug left your defences down (I know the 2nd is less fun but probably more likely).
    Keep eating healthy stuff and don't knacker yourself on the bike as much.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    SY is CUK's canary - When he's on death's door with double pneumonia, or some new flu strain, it's a sign there are colds going round.
    I heard in a recent interview that even My Little Pony and The Carebears though that Suity was a soft shit:e

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The virus that struck me down last week, then left me bed ridden for days with a fever that max doses of brufen and paracetamol could not tame, then quickly progressed into tonsillitis (yesterday's doctor's visit) and then progressed into suspected pneumonia (today's doctors visit) with for fun 12 hours straight of heart arrythmia and palpitations.

Typed from sick bed as I had to send an email to ClientCo. Palpitations stopped, fever broken. Right lung still chokka.

These designer viruses eh?
    SY is CUK's canary - When he's on death's door with double pneumonia, or some new flu strain, it's a sign there are colds going round.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    :pullyourselftogetherandgetagripyoulightweightsmilie :

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I got cellulitis (not cellulite for anyone starts) a few years ago - that totally floored me, I was dreaming I was a crack in rock or a feather in a duvet, well weird. Freaked me out. Had a fever of 39.8c or something. I was spewing bile and had to crawl to the loo.

In the end the Doc refused to come out (a Bob) so I called the ambulance and they treated me there and then and took me to hospital.

They put a fan on my that froze my bollocks off and put me on an antiboitic drip. Next day I was right as rain!

Three Bob docs came to see me and accused me of visiting Africa or the Tropics, finally the non-Bob consultant saw me and just said 'cellulitis'. Sorted.

Never trust Bob Docs. Or contractors.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    There were a few points along the way when I was thinking death was preferable.

You should have rung me.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Hope you feel better soon

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Might be Lassa fever or Marburg; don't worry, you'll die before it gets any worse.
    There were a few points along the way when I was thinking death was preferable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X