• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's it like living in the City?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Oops, quoted wrong post. I'm going to leave it though, it's nicely surreal to read when you quote one post and reply to another. I'm sure a game could be made of it.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Any kebab shop, not even a London specific thing.

Follow the trail of lettuce, tomato, cabbage and chili.
    Would be a lot of salad to leave a five mile trail to my place

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    What kebab shop?
    Any kebab shop, not even a London specific thing.

Follow the trail of lettuce, tomato, cabbage and chili.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    And salad carpet outside the kebab shop?
    What kebab shop?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I'll stick to my old barn and four acres of grounds including the orchard and the wee stream that runs through part of it. If I want to be in London the airport's 10 minutes away.
    And salad carpet outside the kebab shop?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    There are loads of wee streams in London. Disgusting habit pissing in the street like that.
    In the city you get lots of street pizza as well as the wee stains, especially at the latter end of the week and not just in street corners

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I get most of my clothes from charity shops
    Indeed. And you really cut a dash in them too, if you don't mind me saying.

sasguru on the other hand.................well.....little wonder he doesn't fear getting mugged!!

Is that a Hyabusa Trolley?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    It was a while ago, in fact during that period of my life I was feeding the warchest at a formidable rate.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    The problem I have with a lot of London houses is that narrow frontages combined with extensions out the back make them pretty dark inside.
    We've done one but skylights and complete glass frontage down one side makes it very bright and light, more than it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Exactly. Might as well be a another country.

Meanwhile on Dim's council estate:

ChronicleLive - News - Chronicle News - Three stabbed on North East streets

I suppose it was a friendly stabbing though as they're all so friendly up there in their NorthEastern paradise.
    That was four years ago. I've since recovered thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    My quality of life will not be improved by a £20 haircut, but an extra £14 of sushi and beer makes a big difference.
    Says the man who is supposed to be cutting costs.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How much is a house in Wandsworth with a 2 acre garden, detached triple garage, parking for at least 10 cars on the front drive, gated entrance, 5000 sq feet of accommodation and at least 7 bedrooms, with indoor heated swimming pool and fully equipped gymnasium?

Don't really want to move to a smaller place.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    That's more like 45 minutes from Nightingale Lane though.
    Exactly. Might as well be a another country.

Meanwhile on Dim's council estate:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north...2703-22116002/

I suppose it was a friendly stabbing though as they're all so friendly up there in their NorthEastern paradise.
    Last edited by sasguru; 12 May 2011, 12:40.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not sure about that. Used to have a terrace about 10 years ago and you could hear the next door baby crying quite clearly.
    The thing is in the better parts of London, most people add sound proofing when renovating.
    The facades of houses in posh parts of London tell you nothing about their interiors, most are like Tardis's with extensions to the back, loft conversions and stripped-out modernistic interiors.
    The problem I have with a lot of London houses is that narrow frontages combined with extensions out the back make them pretty dark inside.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That's more like 45 minutes from Nightingale Lane though.
    Not if you are running from Camberwell with a dozen youths armed with knives behind you it's not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X