• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lack of motivation."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Back on the original thread.

Just finished the first delierable, four hours late.

Now for the second.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    currently in the same quagmire, have a deliverable due for end of fri for last project and oodles to do on new project - have a long commute at the mo but cant even be bothered to work on the train. reminds me of being back at school when I only started work a day before its deadline

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Making sure my grammar is perfect on a forum is not a priority.

HTH
    Sitting cheek by jowl with your logic then.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Would they also refrain from any form of visible punctuation?
    This "invisible punctuation" sounds like an interesting concept in meta-grammar.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Would they also refrain from any form of visible punctuation? Difficult for me to view it from the trolley collector perspective. Hence my question to you.

HTH
    I wouldn't know, I'm neither a Trolley Collector nor an English Teacher. Making sure my grammar is perfect on a forum is not a priority.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    That's a good point although starting a sentence with a conjunction is something only an Asda Trolley Collector interview reject would do.
    Would they also refrain from any form of visible punctuation? Difficult for me to view it from the trolley collector perspective. Hence my question to you.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Check for typo's

Checked my to-do list this morning, got a couple of things coming up, testing all day today and tomorrow, then another guy contacts me and says am I ready to start the testing for another project. I check the RAG report I got from him yesterday and it said to be done between 12 May - 31 May. So I had scheduled it for next week.

"Oh sorry, mate that was a typo, should have been the 13 May."

Oh brother gonna be a busy couple of days.

Still got a few mins for CUK while the tests are running.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    And with all the grammatical accuracy that aforementioned McDonalds employee might be capable of.
    That's a good point although starting a sentence with a conjunction is something only an Asda Trolley Collector interview reject would do.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I find that thinking about the rate helps, each sentence is worth a McDonald's employees daily wage.
    And with all the grammatical accuracy that aforementioned McDonalds employee might be capable of.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I find that thinking about the rate helps, each sentence is worth a McDonald's employees daily wage.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've always had my own business on the side I could work in.
    Yes, the Personal Adverts Business.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    When I used to work from home for long periods I got incredibly demotivated. What I used to do was deliberately not do any work at all Monday through Wednesday That forced me to work really hard on Thursday so I had something to show for Friday morning's telephone conference (or get canned).

That was the only way I would ever get off my @rse.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've spent most of my 'career' manipulating it so I don't have that crap to do. That's how I ended up getting fired and moving from part-time to free time freelancing/contracting in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I too suffer from a lack of moti

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Just get them out of the way; then you can get on with that all-important document you send in each week/month/whatever.
    Gone t'pub.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X