• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Giving client a 'gift' when leaving the contract"

Collapse

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Did you even READ the original post?

Are you capable of doing that?

Are you capable of reading this?

If so, FOAD.
    to be fair this new bloke does tend to answer the post he wants to answer, just take each of his posts as the non-sequiturs they are and ignore...
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Barclays in branch server - the Barclays Eagle Logo flapped and dropped turds to the bottom of the screen once a month.
    Yorkshire Bank in branch server - The white rose in the "Y" logo changed to red for 100msec every friday at a "random" time between 2pm and 4pm.

Churchill - in "I was that Spod" mode!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I once wrote some code which I soon realised provided a nice "root" backdoor into the host Unix system. I tested it out and it worked a treat. But I never had the opportunity (or balls) to exploit it on a client system, but I suppose I could have entered a few large invoices into the finance system and my bank details for BACS payment but prison didn't really appeal to me back then, or now in fact

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I've never done this myself (I'm probably not capable) but always thought about those technical experts that have somehow managed to sneak code into clients' systems to pull off some elaborate scam.

Have you ever left clients with a 'gift' that will be discovered at some point in the not too distant future? Perhaps a code-bomb, or removing source code from the repository, or something that makes them think "damn we need this guy!" ?

(I'm not feeling creative today so can't think of any more...).
    Disgruntled Bomb: Java Edition - The Daily WTF

Code:
    typeof(string).GetField("Empty").SetValue(null, " ");

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I was building an app at a pharma, and the key user was a bit of a scally, a cockney hard case. We got on like a house on fire, and had a few good sessions.

I put some code on one of the menus, if the user was this guy, if it was a wednesday, if it was between 10 and 11:30
    randomise one chance in a thousand, change the menu option
    Ad Hoc Queries to
    Haddock Queries

I met him a few years later, and he mentioned this weird bug that he couldnt replicate and had all the support staff laughing at him. when he saw a slight suppressed smile begin to form, he chased me round the site about three times

Wow, an on-topic response, thanks EO!

Shame on you Russell et al.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Is there a couch I can lie on?
    I thought you were ignoring me.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You don't seem very happy.
    Is there a couch I can lie on?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You don't seem very happy.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I was building an app at a pharma, and the key user was a bit of a scally, a cockney hard case. We got on like a house on fire, and had a few good sessions.

I put some code on one of the menus, if the user was this guy, if it was a wednesday, if it was between 10 and 11:30
    randomise one chance in a thousand, change the menu option
    Ad Hoc Queries to
    Haddock Queries

I met him a few years later, and he mentioned this weird bug that he couldnt replicate and had all the support staff laughing at him. when he saw a slight suppressed smile begin to form, he chased me round the site about three times

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    But are you happy?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have been responding to insults, but from now on I will ignore that and only talk about the topic of the thread, I hope you can do the same.
    But are you happy?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    So from the sounds of it none of you have done anything that, well, could count as an act of war.
    Never done it, never seen it done, and never credibly heard of it being done. I have picked up projects where a previous contractor either was asked to leave or left in a hurry, and seen some highly corner-cutting code, but I would put that down to incompetence and bad decisions taken under pressure of time, rather than active sabotage.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I have been responding to insults, but from now on I will ignore that and only talk about the topic of the thread, I hope you can do the same.
    Hey, Kandr welcome back

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Are you a happy person?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Are you a happy person?
    He sounds suspiciously like someone on here before who was banned. Give it time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X