• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "the 'best' iPhone apps"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    I thought the Zombie Booth app was hilarious when I took photos of all the birds I pulled and showing my mates how horrendous they looked until someone pointed out I wasn't using it properly and they were the un-modified pictures

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    never understood the point of being a skinflint on apps.... It's not like they are ALL £9.99 a time.

59p FFS!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is FF any good then? I always thought it looked a bit girly.
    The whole FF series are good if you like story driven RPG's. The earlier ones are regarded as classics of the genre now, especially FFVII. The later ones have some of the best CGI cutscenes of any game.

They have a whole sub culture associated with them, as many of the characters and enemies return in multiple games despite there being no other connection from one game to another.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Yeah, they are very good, played a few of them years ago but had forgot how good they are until playing FFIII recently.

They are very Japanese hence the 'girly' Anime style as they go for that out there. They are certainly not to everyones taste as they are pretty involved and not something you can just pick up and play as a casual game. FFVII is the one I liked most, dont know what the recent ones are like, FFIII is a remake of a 1990 game.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    No, better than most other games that aren't Final Fantasy (although the control system they've added for the Iphone port is pretty sweet).

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    NHS Drinks Tracker is my favourite at the moment although I sometimes lie to it in order to keep my average down.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
    Hi all

I made a deal with myself - on the grounds that I am basically a skinflint - that I would not buy any apps for my iPhone (even 59p ones) - I would stick to the freebies.

There are thousands of free apps, some good, some bad and some very bad, but I'm just wondering whether I'm missing out on anything by adopting this stance. I don't really play games, I'm more into 'useful apps' or utilities etc.

So, what are your recommendations for must-have apps?
    What could you not now do without?
    What in your opinion is the best value?
    I jailbreak so all my apps are free!

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    What better than Final Fantasy on the Xbox with triple core processor, dedicated GFX, 1080P, digital surround sound and a proper controller?
    No, better than most other games that aren't Final Fantasy (although the control system they've added for the Iphone port is pretty sweet).

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Just spent £9.99 on Final Fantasy III

Thats a fookin lot of money for an app but you get an absolutely monster game so its actually a bargain considering it is better than most of the £40+ titles available on the consoles.

Other big purchase was LogMeIn Ignition, again, expensive yet invaluable.
    What better than Final Fantasy on the Xbox with triple core processor, dedicated GFX, 1080P, digital surround sound and a proper controller?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So, let me get it right - you are "skint", but you buy expensive phone (even when "free"), you are tied to heavy subscription and yet you won't pay equivalent of a Mars bar from vending machine to starving developers out there?

Leave a comment:

• Ken Dodd
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    You can't be that much of a skinflint if you decided to get an iphone
    ....or a computer to use this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Just spent £9.99 on Final Fantasy III

Thats a fookin lot of money for an app but you get an absolutely monster game so its actually a bargain considering it is better than most of the £40+ titles available on the consoles.

Other big purchase was LogMeIn Ignition, again, expensive yet invaluable.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I find the national rail, tube deluxe and London cycle apps invaluable.

Obviously a bit London centric!

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I use an android.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    You can't be that much of a skinflint if you decided to get an iphone

Leave a comment:

Working...
X